“Good Price For An Airport Location”

Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've stayed at the Sheraton Chalet before. The room was again very nice and staff very accommodating. Many of the rooms have balconies but are small so don't expect that you can sit outside and enjoy the view.

I like to take the complimentary casino shuttle. The casino picks you up at your hotel, but wanted you to know that they are now not doing this on Sundays. That was a disappointment to me.

I've also taken advantage of the club lounge. The hot food has never been that good but the fresh fruit has always been very good.

The staff definitely goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Thanks, Lexi, for taking such good care of me.

Room Tip: If you're doing the club lounge amenities, try to get on the same floor, which is the 5th.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Sheraton Westport is such a great location. This area is a little community that has good quality restaurants and entertainment and nightlife. Coffee shops and fast food close too. Perfect for a mix of people. I was hosting an event in St. Louis and used the Sheraton as our hotel for out of town guests. I had used the property before, and the guests actually asked if I could put them up here again. They liked the hotel and all the amenities it has to offer. I have to say that Patti Miller in the sales office went above and beyond when helping me set up. Oftentimes people can be very hard to please and demanding, and Patti handled it all with a smile. I have to say she is much kinder to difficult clients than I could be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The foyer and main dining areas are gorgeous but once you get past these and see the actual rooms it’s very disappointing.

The rooms are spacious but very dated and in desperate need of renovation. The air conditioner systems are dated and each time they start up it’s like an industrial unit turning on, sadly this is inside your suite though so if you plan to get any decent sleep you either have to turn it off and sweat it out or be woken up every 30 minutes.

The bathrooms are all linked and sadly if someone above or below you happens to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night you will be woken up. So just after the air conditioner turns off and you drift off to sleep don't count on staying asleep for any decent amount of time.

After what is possibly one of the worst nights sleep I’ve ever had in a hotel I thought the shower would be a gentle warm way to start to day. Wrong. The shower head was so low down that when standing it aimed at my chest so kneeling in the shower was the only option I had to wash my hair. Also, the pressure cranked so high it’s like standing in front of a fire hose. Horrible way to start off the day.

Don't get me wrong the food is great, and the staff are amazing, just a shame that this experience doesn’t flow through into the rooms.

If I had a choice I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are desperately in need of updating. Old, crusty, and in disrepair. For example, toilet ran all the time, tiles in bathroom broken, sink was cracked, carpeting ratty and tattered, cracks is baseboards, loud and inefficient heat/cool system, etc.
Outside is very nice, grounds are well maintained, but it does not overcome a ridiculously high price for a sub-standard room.
Will not stay here again as it is a terrible value and is extremely overpriced.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Mjldly
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Being a category 2 and the other reviews, I had low expectations. Much to my surprise, the lobby was but beautiful, updated and very clean. The staff was so friendly and went out of their way. The fitness center was kind of small but well equipped. I was able to have a full 45 minute work out comparable to what I am used to at my local gym, with some small modifications.

The Club Lounge was nice and the food was great! I have to give kudos to the lady working there this past Sunday morning. I asked if the arch would still be open even though it was raining and lightning. She said she wasn't sure. Then next thing I know, she's calling to find out for me. Great Service!

I had a suite with a king bed. However, I brought my cousin with me and she was going to sleep on the fold out sofa in the living room. I called down for linens for the fold out. Within 5 minutes a man arrived with fresh linens for her. He asked to make the bed and I told him we could do it, no problem. He insisted, unfolded the sofa sleeper, made sure it was clean, made the bed and folded it back in so we could relax on the sofa and watch tv. Fantastic service again!

The only thing I didn't like was being a Gold member (not recognized) we usually get rooms on higher levels to enjoy the view. I was given a room on the 2nd floor that looked at the neighboring roof from the living room. In the bedroom we overlooked the pond and the highway. Would have liked to have been higher up. I would have also liked to have known that covered parking was available and validated(free). I parked far away because I returned later in the evening and the parking lot was full. I wasn't comfortable with my car being so far away in the adjoining business complexes parking lot. I also would have liked covered parking because it stormed that night and there was a little hail. No biggie, but would have definitely taken advantage of it.

Overall, FANTASTIC stay! Beautiful hotel! BEST service!

Room Tip: something higher than the 2nd floor. There is covered, validated parking available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here on a business trip in March and have to say the staff was extremely helpful and the highlight of this hotel. The hotel is slightly dated and food served at the meetings was just average, minus the Starbucks coffee and cookies which were outstanding. Loved the supply of Red Bulls though. If you plan to work out, you might want to look into a local gym nearby and see if they have a discounted day pass. The fitness center is very limited and small, the hotel should offer a reduced day rate at a local gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pond, however you will have highway late night traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been on the planning side of our annual conference for seven years. Each time, our conference has taken place at a different Sheraton property (Denver, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, etc). I can say, unequivocally, the team at the Sheraton Westport Chalet, in St. Louis, has the best support team and staff I have experienced.

The support team. Ashley, Milan, Dane, were at the top of their game, throughout our event. We asked, they delivered. The team anticipated many of our needs, and were ready when we asked. They handled last minute room adjustments, and set up our general session, and break out session space perfectly.

Ashley, our convention services manager, was always available throughout the planning, and execution of our event. She made everything seamless.

Dane is an AV master. We had some glitches. he diagnosed and provided us the right pieces to make it go flawlessly.

Milan, our Banquet manager, made sure all of my rooms were perfect for each event, he and his team set-up the breaks, meals, and rooms, quickly, and went so far as to lug my equipment up to the rooms, and set them up, so we didn't have to.

The only Con, I experienced was one particular server at Lucerne (the Sheraton restaurant), and the Manager took great care of us, and resolved the problem quickly and professionally.

If you have the opportunity, upgrade your room to the club level. Unlike most Sheratons', that serve only danish and fruit for breakfast, the Westport Chalet serves a full hot breakfast that includes eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes, in addition to the standard continental fare.

In closing, the Westport Chalet, may not be the big, lavish, metropolitan Sheraton property, like in Phoenix or Dallas, but where it lacks in size and splendor, it more than makes up in service.

A wonderful Conference site, one which I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Club Level. Full breakfast, opposed to standard continental fare.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#9 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!