“One night stay and we'd come back. ”

Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Indiana
“One night stay and we'd come back. ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Just checked in and this hotel is really clean and welcoming. Good impression upon walking in from the outside. Hotel is right off the highway but the area is quiet. Will only be staying one night and the accommodations are just fine. Our room is non smoking, king bed w/ a sofa bed. Bathroom is clean/ air conditioning works/ no funny smells. Some of the decor could be updated, but it's just an overnight stay so it's no biggie. The only thing I noticed that that is no big deal, granted that I notice EVERYTHING. The hallways leading to the rooms could use some attention ( higher wattage bulbs, touchup paint for the luggage scuffs) We stayed on the 1st floor so I can't say about the rest. All in all we'd stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Norman
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed for nearly a week and found that the place was clean and efficiently run. It is old, but well-kept. The breakfast is the same every day: cheese omelet, sausage links, waffles, assorted toast, yogurt, cereal, and fruit. The coffee is wonderful! The pool is clean and the furniture is in good shape. The exercise room is simple, but functional. Over all, this is a bargain.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor because the rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It might just be that our door was smashed in and didn't close properly OR it could be that we were on the 1st floor. It doesn't matter, it was still the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at. I was awoken both nights near midnight by banging/beating on the wall from the room beside us and the next night from the room above us. It sounded like someone was doing jumping jacks for an hour straight and I thought the ceiling was going to cave in over top of me. I mentioned something to the front desk the next morning and was told that I needed to call during the middle of the night while it was going on in order for them to be able to do anything. And I agree but however I did not need to feel like it was my fault that this happened and a simple apology from the front desk would have been enough to make me feel better. It was so miserable that we checked out early the night before we were suppose to and drove home to our own beds. The cleaning service DID NOT refill our toilet paper nor did they leave us an extra one. So the next morning we had a small emergency since there was no toilet paper to be found.

The floor felt "moist", sorry but that is the only word I can use to describe it 'moist'. It felt wet, cold and kind of slimey under our bare feet.

The breakfast was okay but no better than any other hotel who only offers cereal, apples, waffles, toast and coffee. No sweet rolls, biscuits or bacon but it was still just enough. Nothing spectacular about it.

The side door to the parking lot was broken and not secure and safe.

I'm not a very picky person especially with my hotels but I picked this hotel based on the descent reviews that I read about it and I was more disappointed than normal because I guess my expectations were higher than normal. But it really was the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at. My suggestion... request the top floor and don't put your expectations too high for this hotel!

*The first front desk person who signed us in was very pleasant and very nice. The breakfast area stayed clean and full.

Room Tip: Higher rooms less noisey
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Maryland Heights hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Comfort Inn Westport
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO? Share your experiences!