“I may stay again”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Kinda a bumpy start. After 15+ hours driving we arrived late. When our daughter folded out the sofa sleeper she found crumbs & popcorn in the sheets? Called the desk & new sheets were brought out. Went to make coffee in the morning & there were grinds left in the filter hopper? Told the morning clerk about the incidents & she was very apologetic & accomodating.
Good Breakfast. & I believe they have a managers happy hour at night.
The facility is pretty modern - nice updates. Tucked away in Business Park - Not really close to any interstates.

Room Tip: Priceline it for the best value
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I understand that it must have been frustrating after a long trip. I will be speaking with the housekeeping department, Managers and inspectors to make them aware of your experience and use it as a teaching moment.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again,

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Where to begin? First and foremost the neighborhood was sketchy. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room connected to the fitness center across from the laundry. I was then given a "new" room and proceeded to unload my things. Upon entering the room I observed some cosmetic and cleanliness issues. The couch was stained and had the cushions overturned and backwards (obviously to cover more stains). The carpet was baggy (loose) in one area and presented a slight tripping hazard. The carpet was stained in one area and frayed in another. There was a hole in the closet door that had been half heartedly patched. The vinyl flooring had a scorched mark in it. The strangest thing is that the room appeared to have already been remodeled? The furnishings were moderately new just poorly maintained, and the building itself was poor. The final straw was during my exit to my car and I looked down and observed a small empty plastic baggie with some little logos on it. I looked a bit closer and realized it was a baggie that appeared to be one that narcotics is generally distributed in. I guess that gives you a clue into the clientele that this hotel attracts, especially on the weekends. Truth be told this entire hotel was a ten on the awful scale.

The one shining star was the front desk clerk Kelly. She was professional all the way and completely apologetic about the condition of the hotel. She really should be commended for her professionalism and nice demeanor.

Room Tip: Avoid it, at all cost....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

First let me apologize for your troubles and experience. This by no means is the norm at our hotel as many can see from the several TripAdvisor comments we have. We do consider our hotel to be very safe, clean and friendly.

I wish you would have stayed and given the whole Residence Inn by Marriott St. Louis / Westport a chance to show you how exceptional we truly are.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed for 7 nights here in December. It was cold outside but nice and warm in our room.
The staff was very friendly and often asked if there was anything we needed. We had a minor problem with our TV (no HD reception), and they responded within minutes of my call. The room was spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The morning breakfasts and evening dinners (both included) were nicely prepared, had good variety and were plentiful. There are also lots of great restaurants nearby. We had an evening flight home and they let us stay in our room until 3:PM. Great stay,

Room Tip: Best rooms are on second floor, away from highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay with us. We always appreciate when people let us know how we are doing. I look forward to passing on your kind words to the staff and the department heads.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed during the world series and the location was perfect. About 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis and easy access to the highway. Rooms are very spacious and have their own full kitchens. The housekeeping could have been a little bit better, toilet paper was not replaced on one of the days. Overall though it was clean. Free hot breakfast in the morning was very nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Cubs_Fan007

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience with us at the Residence Inn St. Louis / Westport. I will be passing on your comments both positive and constructive to the team and especially in Housekeeping.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

35 days since I checked out, hotel (Residence Inn By Marriott St Louis Westport) is yet to credit the amount ($220) that they block for security reasons (as against promised time of 3-4 days)
I checked in on 22nd October, Saturday and checked out on 24th Oct, Monday. Worst part, there is any contact e mail adress, and when I call (and its evening / night for them), front desk will say they dont know anything about it and the 'concerned person is not available' so call in the morning (which is mid night for me), they dont even share a e mail address of the concerned person to call.

This is nothing but agony .. i only wish they could at least contact me and day they dont want to pay and I will be happy for this charity .. at least i wont have this follow up /uncertainity.

Worthless practices while handling customer information and money.

Pankaj Arora

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Mr. Arora,
I am very sorry about the problems you have had in getting your money released from your hold. I was only brought aware of the situation Monday from another property you had contacted about the extended hold.

Now that we are aware, we are researching it and will have any hold released right away. Again I am very sorry an understand how frustrating a situation like this can be.

Chuck Schoene General Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with this property. Room 921 was a large queen bed room (no fireplace), sitting area, nice flat screen TV, 2 closets and the kitchen area. Room was comfortable enough, I had no issues with the internet connection. The highlight of my stay was the nightly reception. I was shocked that it wasn't just cheese and crackers and other finger foods. I didn't have to go out to dinner for 3 of my 4 nights because of the meals offered at the hotel. Breakfast was good as well.

The only 3 very minor issues that I had with the room were:
- no screened windows. It was beautiful and sunny 70+ degrees each day and it would have been nice to just open the windows for fresh air. Some of the bottom floor rooms did have screens, but I don't stay in ground level rooms.
- Even with the digital thermostat, I found it a tiny bit hard to regulate the temp in the room. Might just be because it was such a BIG room.
- Plenty of direct TV channels but NO BRAVO :-(

I liked it here a lot and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

First let me say thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Westport Plaza. We appreciate your patronage and your kind words. We consistently try to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests and is very encouraging to see it so well received in our evening reception.

Regarding your three areas you mentioned, we are looking for solutions. We are currently in the process of bidding and ordering screens to allow this comfort for our second floor guests as well as our first floor guests. I understand trying to get that right temp through out the whole room is a bit frustrating but as you said size of the room plays into that. We have had maintenance look into it as well making sure not a mechanical issue. We can look at channel options when our new contract time comes around, and see about maybe adding a few key channels such as BRAVO.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Chuck Schoene| General Manager|

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and nice to have your own kitchen .the whirlpool was being remodelled so did not get to use that, otherwise great visit.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I will pass on your works of kindness to the staff and kitchen who both work very hard to deliver a Memorable stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Westport Plaza.

Would also like to personally apologize regarding the spa. That can be a bit frustrating not having an expected amenity. We have currently shut it down for the season, but will be back up and running for the summer of '12.

Chuck Schoene| General Manager|

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza? Share your experiences!