I really enjoyed my stay here. A friend from Seattle flew into Lambert STL airport and I drove 3 hours to meet her there. We stayed at this Residence Inn for three nights. Residence Inns are my favorite of the Marriott brands because they are basically small apartments, intended for longer stays. They are great for families because they have well-stocked kitchens so you can cook, plenty of closet space and they have rooms that sleep more than the usual amount of people with pull-out couches and typically a recliner type chair. This property in the Westport Plaza area definitely fit the bill for what we needed because my friend brought her infant. (Note: this hotel is an exterior entry Residence Inn. It looks like an apartment complex. I know some travelers, especially women traveling solo prefer interior entry.)
Our room had 2 bedrooms - one was off the living room area with French doors. She took that room. When the doors were closed, I could barely hear the baby cry, and she had her own closet and full bathroom in there. My bedroom was open-loft style up the stairs from the kitchen. The wall is tall enough to have privacy, but from up there, you can hear anything that goes on in the kitchen or living room. It was very cute though, and worked very well for our purposes.
While there were a few places that were getting worn, I thought that the inside and outside of the property were pretty well maintained and looked great.
Breakfast was a decent hot buffet with the typical boil-in-bag eggs, microwaved sausage/ham and microwaved pancakes. Fine for a family, but the areas were a little cramped, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings when there are a lot of people.
I must give a major shout-out to Coleisha, the breakfast gal, who was just amazing. She didn't flinch when my friends 11-month old began making a mess as babies do, and she came over a few times while we ate to say hello to the baby, and even brought her a little pink hippo tub toy (which the baby would not let go of for the rest of the weekend!). I thought that was exemplary service. Even better, the next morning, Coleisha remembered the baby's name, and was just as pleasing even though she knew there was probably going to be another mess. We tipped her well.
I thought our stay here was great and would definitely come back. The rates here are typical Residence Inn prices - $119-$149-ish and it's worth it, especially if you want a stocked kitchen.
The hotel is a little out of the way in the business area, but it's quiet and feels safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keep your routine intact when you travel to St. Louis for extended periods of time. Our Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza hotel is the ideal hotel choice in St. Louis, Missouri for business travel, relocation, and family vacation. With an on-site fitness center, seasonal heated outdoor pool and hot tub, breakfast area, sundry shop, business center, complimentary area shuttle and guest laundry facility, our St. Louis hotel is your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza Hotel Creve Coeur
- Residence Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Residence Inn
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO