Booked our room on hotwire and thought we were getting a steal. We originally were wanting something in St. Louis, but when we finally found this hotel, we realized we were 30 min out of the city. We checked in, and even payed an outrageous $50 pet fee. The room was nice, but not for the price. After leaving our room for about an hour, we got a call from the front desk, saying we needed to come back and take care of our dogs because they were barking. We were already 20 miles from our hotel, but we turned around, cancelling all our plans. Upon arriving we find our dogs are totally calm. They only bark if they are excited to see someone, or if they see something that scared them. We were on the 3rd floor, so I don't know what happened. Our dogs are only 4 pounds each, so they are too small to see out the window. I think they barked for maybe a few minutes and then calmed down. We told the people at the front desk that they were calm and if we could not leave the dogs alone, then we cannot stay there because it would be pointless to have stayed in our room for 3 days straight. We asked for our money back, and they told us that we are not supossed to leave dogs unattended anyway. This made no sense because it was a 100 degrees outside, and I've never had that policy at any other hotel. We got them to agree to give us a full refund if hotwire was okay with it. Eventually we received a full refund, but our entire trip was ruined. In my opinion they should have made sure the dogs were not out of control before they called us back. On top of this, it was only 3 pm when we had to come back. If it was the middle of the night I would be more understanding. They could have also moved the people in the room next to us, since we did pay a pet fee. On top of all this, we noticed in the brochure in the room that they do not offer a free breakfast, it would have been 13 dollars for eggs, hash browns, and a orange juice it is room service. We also found a shirt in the room from a previous occupant. We were thrilled to get our money back because it was a total rip off. We ate dinner, and drove home which was 3 hours away. The dog thing I do not understand, because I listen to kids screaming and yelling down the halls when I go to a hotel, but I'm not the kind of person to call and complain. And even then, what would they do? Tell the people with kids to stay in their room, because they had kids that would be absurd. My wife and I do not have kids currently, so our dogs are our kids, and we bring them everywhere we go, and deserve the same respect that any child would receive. The manager at the hotel said we need to understand that people don't want to hear the dogs. I felt that it was kinda rude, he was basically telling us it was our fault. Was so glad to get our refund, because it wasn't worth the money to begin with. Don't get me wrong, if we didn't have our dogs, and they were only asking $60 a night, and were located much closer to the city, and offered free breakfast, I would stay here. At the $199 price range though, I don't see that happening. Choose a different hotel in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport is located in the West County of St. Louis, Missouri. Westport Plaza is near the hotel, including a popular business district along with a number of shopping, dining and entertainment options. Lambert International Airport is located only six miles away, and the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree St. Louis At Westport Hotel Maryland Heights
- Doubletree Saint Louis
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO