“Beware of the dusty rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Mahomet, IL, United States
“Beware of the dusty rooms”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms are dusty and not cleaned or vaccumed, the heater is outdated, sneezed all night, linens are not clean, but the staff are friendly. The bath and toilet are reasonalble and no smells. The breakfast is not bad but could be better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Mayandi S
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 15 January 2016
Dear Mayandi S:

I just realized that this review had never been responded. My apologies for the long delay and thank you for the feedback.

Dan Gough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kansas City
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is in awful condition to start with and then combine it with the party outside the door of my room for the entire night and let's just say I'm less than pleased. There were multiple attempts to enter my room and calls to the front desk yielded no result. I travel substantially on business so I am used to being at the mercy of the luck of the draw but this was ridiculous. So disappointed that I am writing this from the room!

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the party and opposite the side closest to the highway. That said I would stay e...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer F
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Jennifer F:

Thank you for composing this review. All of the hotels, need to hear the "ugly" along with the good and the bad. I am very sorry for your horrible stay, and I am extremely disappointed. I am interviewing everyone that worked that night, both second and third shifts to find out what transpired. There was security on duty that night and we had two night auditors. I cannot understand why one of them could not have made the area quiet. I did find out that you were checked out of our hotel by Antoinette at the front desk. She said she did make several attempts to speak to you, but I do understand your frustration and your desire to exit the hotel quickly on Sunday morning. Hopefully this week, we can communicate and discuss your bad stay in more detail. I do appreciate the feedback and want to offer my humble apology to you.

Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The staff is amazing, almost too polite if there is such a thing when traveling! The accomodations make the price well worth your stay. The food was exceptional and the Wednesday Manager's reception is a nice touch. I have never had a bad experience here and recommend it highly!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear John B:

Thank you for all your business, and I must thank you for this extremely kind review. I will of course share this with as many employees as possible. I was happy to read how much you enjoy our hotel. I can't thank you enough for calling the food exceptional and I am glad you enjoyed the Wednesday night Manager's Reception. I hope you come back to see us soon.

Marshfield, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Highly recommend. For the price, it was a beautiful hotel. Great for families and couples. Staff was friendly, beds comfortable, and bar/restaurant was very nice. Near all major St. Louis attractions, with easy highway access.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this review. I am sorry for the delay in my response. There was an unusual delay in this review being posted. Thank you for the glowing review. I hope you come back to see us soon.

Livermore, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

check in was quick and easy. room was clean, organized and well stocked. dinner was great and the service was genuinely nice. the only draw back is that my room was near the freeway but I really didn't hear it much. walls very well insulated.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the nice review. I am glad to hear it was a perfect night stay. Always good to hear that cleanliness was up to standard. Thank you for mentioning the dinner and the service. I was also happy to hear that noise was not an issue. I hope you do come back to stay with us.

Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Full service hotel with nice amenities . Rooms are somewhat dated and could use remodeling, but overall ok. Front desk staff needs customer service training, but maintenance staff and restaurant staff were exceptional. Nice value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Nancy S
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Nancy S:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting this TripAdvisor review. My management team and I analyze every review on a weekly basis, and the individual managers and key staff members look at these reviews daily. Have a great week and I hope you come back to see us.

Westport Maryland Heights St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Hotel is away from the city built near to the Airport. Stay was comfortable. However, could have been better if the noise from corridor does not get transferred into Guest room and a better variety in Buffet breakfast is made available.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Sanjiv S:

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to complete this survey. My staff and I appreciate the feedback. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Have a great weekend and please consider us if you come back to St. Louis, Mo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!