DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
“Nice place”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days and we were pleased. The first day we found the sheets on our bed seemed dirty. Called the careline and they sent someone upstairs in less than 5 minutes. She apologized and changed the bedding right away. Kids loved the pool and we enjoyed the spa. Ordered room service a couple of times and the food was good. We will stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear thefabulous4:

Thank you for choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the sheets in your room, but glad to hear that the CareLine was working as it should. I am pleased that you were able to find time to use our pool and hot tub. Thank you also for mentioning the food from room service. I hope and your family stay with us again soon.

Dan Gough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
springfield, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The doubletree in Westport is a good value. Nice hotel with the always important warm cookie. The hotel is very obvious from the highway, but getting there is not simple as the you have to wind around quite a few blocks to reach the hotel. We have stayed at this hotel a few times in the last few years. First time to eat breakfast, which was decent, but not great. The only outstanding thing was the made to order omelets. That said there are plenty of choices, and it is satisfying.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jc M
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Jc M:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting this review. I appreciate all the feedback about breakfast and I hope you return very soon to stay with us.

Happy Holidays,

Black, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here several times for personal and business. This is a great place to stay. The breakfast is very nutritional and delicious. The waitresses are superb. The front desk folks are extremely curtious. They remember your name each stay. The cookies are outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Gregory F
Dear Gregory F:

You are good man and a great judge of hotels and their associates. Thank you for your business and for posting this review. I hope you return to us soon.

north Vernon, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

pool out of order burnt hair on hair care products in bathroom toilet was not functioning properly more like out house quality. food your better off bring your own . make sure you check out by 12 . I went to get my deposit money back the girl said I was to late I was in a meeting from 10am-4pm in there own hotel all my gear was out from the room and keys turned in at 10AM . she went to the back I assume she went to get a manager but I waited 27 min she never came back out or any managers I went to the bar just across the lobby stood there talking to other teem members for another 45 min went back to desk no one was there to help me I just left I wasted more time then the $20 was worth never again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Vernon H
Dear Vernon H:

Thank you for posting this TripAdvisor review and for other review that you completed as well. I have already responded to you via email for the other review. We did schedule yearly maintenance on the pool back in September for a few days during the first week in December. The pool was working fine, but every year, we do close the pool for a few days to repaint the coping around the pool, redo the "all important" depth markers, and the caulk. We had this posted on our website since September. You have my email address, from the two emails I have sent you. If you have the time and get a chance, please, send me some more information about what you disliked about the hotel's food. Thank you for the feedback. I have shared your feedback with every manager, and supervisor in our DoubleTree and the majority of our key people in non-supervisory positions, as well. I hope you do consider staying with us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had to be moved from room late in the evening due to bathroom water leak. New room was missing the stopper for the tub, also the room was not vacuum very well , it appeared that only the bed was made and fresh towels was serviced during my stay. I would not return to this hotel .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for taking the time to compose and post this review. I certainly appreciate the feedback, and I was very disturbed to read about your bad experience at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am sorry about the bathroom leak that made it necessary for you to be moved. I also want to apologize for the overall cleanliness of the room. It sounds like your room was not cleaned well at all. I will share your review with my management staff and supervisors next Wednesday when we analyze the week's previous surveys and reviews. I will also make sure that our Director of Housekeeping is aware of these issues right away. Thank you for choosing our DoubleTree. We obviously did not provide the expected services and facilities, and we will certainly strive to perform better. Thank you for your business, and please consider staying with us one more time.

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was there for three days and thought the accomadations were perfect. They do not offer free continental breakfast, which is what I look forward to when staying at a hotel, but the breakfast buffet they did have was great, just be careful if price is a concern. If you take anything from the warm side of the buffet, it will cost you another $7 more, in total a $17 breakfast....yikes! The room was very comfortable, the bed and pillows were amazing! The fitness room was a little tiny, only three treadmills and boy did they fill up fast in the morning. I would defintely recommend this place considering the couple of comments I made, they are petty compared to the overall experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Jamie P:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this nice review. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Worst experience I've had in a long time. Chose this hotel because it is close to Barnes West Hospital and my Doc with who
I had an appt on Monday. Checked in Sunday. Had to change rooms due to noisy party in the mini conference room next store. Later again had to complain about party in next room after the bar closed.
When I checked in I tried to extend stay to Tue. I was told the computer was down and would be up in two hours....come back. Which I did, numerious times. Sunday and Monday. Each time I was told the same, "computers are down, come back.
I asked for a local shuttle to my Doc's office. "Sure, they say. Come down to desk at 3:15pm." Come time to leave..... No shuttle. I had to take a cab.

When I returned from my Doctors appt at 5:30 pm I waited 45 min in line to talk to registration (computers were down).
Now it's past 6pm, the clerk tells me mgr says I must give up my room because they are full. "But wait, the computers are down, how do you know you are full? I had been trying to book one more night for the last two days. What changed that you can now tell me your full? " I ask. No explaination. It's now past 7pm, I pack my stuff and out I go. What a cluster. No "I'm sorry sir" not even one of their nasty stale cookies..... For some reason I feel like I got used. What a bunch of jerks

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CheekieMonkies
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
CheekieMonkies:

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us at our property. I'm so sorry tohear that you had a less than stellar experience. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I am sorry that we fell way short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have passed them along to our staff yesterday in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified for future guests. We thank you again for the feedback and hope that the next time you are in St. Louis you will give us another chance. Please don't hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions or comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!