“Too many Feathers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 18 June 2014

All the rooms are chock full of allergenic feather pillows and down comforters. Restaurant menu is lacking but the staff will accommodate special requests. Location has no nearby restaurants, but delivery is an option during business hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear RS:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the feedback. We will consider your input when we write our next menu. We do have down feathers in our rooms. If you communicate to us in advance we can take the down feather products out of the room. There area a number of restaurants close to the hotel. Westport Plaza is one half mile north of the hotel. The Plaza has amost twenty restaurants and bars. There is sidewalk all the way to Plaza, but why walk when we have two vans running, non-stop from 5am to 11pm . We could take you to the plaza on the "15", and "45" of each hour until 11pm, every day. There are also, just as many restaurants within two to three miles on Olive Blvd, in the city of Creve Couer. We provide transportation to each of these restaurants. I hope this helps. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Dan Gough

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would much rather spend my money on a nicer hotel. This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn. The hotel is now under the Double Tree Brand. I don't understand why the hotel is charging as much as it does when the rooms look like a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Judy L:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. I will read your comments and review to my management staff today at our 1:30pm meeting. This hotel has only had two names since it was built in the early 80s. I don't really consider that to be a large number of changes, but we will certainly consider your comments and identify the room you occupied. Have a great summer, and I hope you continue to patronize the Hilton Family of Hotels.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the last 5 or 6 years and I feel like this hotel is going downhill. There were gnats everywhere in the lobby/bar area and it looked like the were coming from a vase on the bar that had plastic cat tails but had actual water in the bottom. Another similar vase outside if the 3rd floor elevator also had not only the water but a few inches of mold and what looked like some pizza crust too. I feel like these are things a manager should notice while inspecting their hotel. Also, not a big deal, but the housekeeping staff turned off my air conditioning while I was out and I returned to a hot and stuffy room. The staff members were all friendly and did a great job.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Wamzie:

Thank you so much for staying with us. Thank you also for the constructive feedback. I hope you do keep returning to our hotel. I will share your comments with my management staff.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Way overpriced for average room and less than stellar service. No communication with our team about the free sports team breakfast we missed for two days, and they couldn't even keep the "free" coffee urn in lobby full for guests on their way out on weekend mornings. Definitely not worth it. Move on to a lower priced hotel that includes more and doesn't charge for every little thing. We've traveled for my kids teams sports for almost ten years and Doubletree is at the bottom of the list. The higher the price per night the less you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear SLAOPKS:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to complete and post this survey. I hope your team performed well at the tournament. I will certainly share your comments with my staff.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The overall hotel was nice. The service was great, the in-room dining was really nice. The food came up hot and did not wait a long time to receive it. It was very quiet and peaceful. The pool looked a little bit murky. The location was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Stephanie H:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for composing this review. I am glad that you enjoyed our service and found our location to work well for you and your family. I have already shared your comments about the pool with our Chief Engineer. Please come back to see us for your next family trip to St. Louis.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent location, service and staff! I spoke with the general manager, Dan twice during my visit. Once when we checked in late and early morning when we were leaving. Very nice and informed individual!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Teri L:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for composing this review. Come back to stay with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Close to airport with /nice rooms - nice work area - nice bar. Seems like the bar has lots of activity with flight crews overnighting at this hotel. This was a short business trip where I worked in the hotel room for 1/2 day on laptop and I must say it was nice, quite & comfortable work area on this cold & rainy day. Great hotel for business travelers with hot & fresh cookies nightly at the front desk.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear BigDogWillie:

Thank you for staying with us. As they say "You gotta let the big dog eat", and sleep. Thank you for choosing to stay and sleep in our DoubleTree by Hilton. My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you calling us a "Great Hotel for business travelers". Come back as soon as you can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!