“excellent stay...we will be back!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Olathe, Kansas
“excellent stay...we will be back!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was an excellent stay. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was ready and clean when we arrived late on the first night. The water temperature was great in the shower. We went swimming in the indoor pool and it was perfect. The kids had a blast. We ate at the breakfast buffet in the hotel resturant all 3 mornings. The food was great and the service was even better. We were offered warm, fresh doubletree cookies at arrival but since it was late we asked if we could get them the next day instead. Of course, they said yes. They even sent us home with a few cookies! The only problem we had during this stay was our pillows were down feather filled. So, when you laid on them they went flat and weren't very comfortable. The next morning we just stopped by the front desk and requested foam pillows instead. They had them delivered to our room within 10 minutes.

We will be returning to stay at this hotel any time we come to the St. Louis Area. We were very pleased as we often travel as a family to many different hotels. Doubletree always seems to be our top pick.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear LoveTwoTravel:

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your children. I am sorry you did not like the down feather pillows. We do have a synthetic alternative upon request. I am glad that the water temperature was to your liking in the shower. Thank you for recognizing the breakfast buffet and of course the cookies.

Dan Gough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a business travel and stay in Hilton properties more often than not. Although this was a nice location, the rate I paid was far too high for what the room was. Also, why can I get free WiFi at a Hampton Inn or Garden Inn, but not the Doubletree. Room was clean and had been updated, but was still tired compared to other Doubletrees. A very average visit.

Dear Amy D:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post this survey of our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am sorry that you found us dated and average looking. I will try to find the room that you stayed in to see if there was anything about that room we can remedy or replace in order to elevate the look and feel of the room. I will also share your comments with our staff. Please consider staying with us again.

Green Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was always cleaned well. They even gave us a warm cookie upon check in. The food was just ok. The rooms were very quiet. Didn't get to use the pool. The shuttle service was good and the driver was friendly. The shuttle service was every 30 minutes and someone ensured the shuttle came!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear AJASH08812:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting this review. Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of your guestroom. I am sorry that you were not that happy with our food, but we do appreciate the feedback. Thank you for highlighting our shuttle service and please come back as soon as you can.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The room was large and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had just stayed at some disappointing hotels and we were very happy to stay here for 4 days. Breakfast was not included in the normal rate but I upgraded to include it and I wasn't disappointed. It was one of the best breakfast buffets I have been to. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Room Tip: Great breakfast is worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Rashot:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for recognizing our breakfast at this DoubleTree By Hilton. I hope that you do choose to stay with us again.

Festus, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel was ready for me to check in as I arrived. Room was ready. Good TV program selection. Beds were restful and welcoming. Have made my reservations for my next trip back. Hotel was very helpful with assistance with business meetings.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear David C:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review of our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time, and thank you for planning on returning to our hotel. Your loyalty is appreciated.

Bloomington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great hospitality & clean room. Would definitely stay here again. The staff was very courteous and accommodating to our baseball team. The pool area was nice & relaxing and the breakfast was bountiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Pam Z:

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for writing this review. I am very glad that you had enjoyable stay at our DoubleTree. I hope you come back to see us next year, or even sooner.

Huntley
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The service overall was good. However, we stayed for 4 days and the cleaning person never came into our room to change our towels or straighten up our room. I had to finally ask her to go in there and clean it the day before we left. This should be an automatic thing.

Dear Dawn R:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review. I am so sorry. I can't beleive I had not heard about this sooner. You are correct. This should be an automatic thing. I will review the housekeeping paperwork during the days you were here, and try to match up any rooms with your first name. With the help of Shawn Jeffries, our Director of Housekeeping, I hope to find out what happened. Thank you for the feedback and I do hope that you consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!