“Average Convention-Type Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
“Average Convention-Type Hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our room at this hotel was almost exactly like the LaQuinta we'd stayed at the night before, except not quite as modern. The only difference was that the Doubletree did not have a free breakfast with their rooms. They do have a large lobby with a bar, a restaurant, and conference rooms, so it is probably more conducive to executives and convention goers. The rooms were clean and adequate.

Room Tip: The surrounding area (Westport Plaza) seemed to us to be more of an industrial area, and what was on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Mary Y:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write this review. My staff and I appreciate all the feedback. The Westport Area is really a combination of many things. There are many businesses. Westport Plaza, a half mile a way, has 17 restaurants, and lounges, and a comedy club. We are blocks away from a large residential area. Four miles away is the most beautiful park in St. Louis County, Creve Couer Memorial Lake Park. You can walk, run, bicycle, rent kayaks, canoes, have picnics, do all sorts of things. Thank you again for the feedback, and please consider staying with us in the future.

Dan Gough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

They are not located within easy walking distance of conveniences, but this hotel is excellent in all other regards. Fair prices, friendly staff, quality food, and a genuinely good bar and lounge area. I will definitely stay with them again, but I also typically have a rental car if I need to go anywhere other than the office or hotel.

Dear Kevin:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for composing this review. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton. Please keep in mind that we do have shuttle service within a five mile radius of the hotel. We are also just five blocks from Westport Plaza, and their many restaurants/bars. Glad to hear that you plan on staying with us again.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is a pretty big hotel that obviously has been around for 20-30 years. The hotel obviously did an extensive renovation in the last few years - but the maintenance of it since has really been neglected. Our room has seriously rusted hinges on the bath door, paint chipped in a number of areas, the AC unit controls were broken, bad wall paper repair. ...you get the idea. Really too bad because it has a ton of potential.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott S
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Scott S:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for composing your review last week. You are absolutely correct. Your room on the fifth floor was everything that you said and more. Please accept my apologies. The only thing I disagree with you on, is that you scored us a "3". After inspecting that room, we did not deserve anything higher than a "2", and that number might be a little generous. I do appreciate you taking the time to give my staff and I this great feedback. Consider staying with us again in the future when you return to St. Louis.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great menu at the restaurant. I ate the Quesadilla and for lunch the 12oz. Angus burger. I also liked the chicken and wild rice soup. My business associate ordered it on my recommendation. The food and service were good. Thank You for your hospitality!

Dear Buddy C:

Thank you for staying with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and the rest of my staff. I hope that you continue to stay with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. Have a great week, and I hope to see you soon.

Jefferson City, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was excellent with all the amenities we requested. The in room dining was very good and items were waiting for us when we returned from our evening festivities. Very satisfied with cleanliness of the two room suite....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Howard K:

Thank you for booking your reservation with us. We are glad that you were satisfied with room service and the cleanliness of your guestroom. Please consider staying with us again in the future.

Lumberton, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had easy check in- greeted by friendly staff-delicious warm cookie- stayed on Hilton Honors floor- clean and comfortable room-close to my meeting. My friend and I wanted to go to a nice shopping center. Staff was helpful suggesting where to go and where to eat- things to do.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Mary Jo W:

I hope that you are having a wonderful day, you have certainly made mine, by writing this review. Thank you for recognizing the staff for their recommendations. We are spending a considerable amount of time training, the new, and the experienced members of our staff on the area, local atractions, restaurants, ect... Please consider staying with us again in the future. We appreciate and rely upon repeat business.

Carmel, IN, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed two nights in August 2014. Exceptional service. Staff very helpful. Room was nice. Lobby bar staff was personable and quick. Food in the restaurant (Copperfields) was very good. I had a need for a notary and the general manager took the time to research it and gave me a list of notaries in the area.

Dear Brian R:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for recognizing our staff at this DoubleTree by Hilton. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable and it sounds like you were able to find that notary you were seeking. I hope you come back to see us soon. Have a great week.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!