1,111 results
All reviews cookies double tree front desk nice hotel soccer tournament business trip business center hot tub st louis indoor pool upon check fitness room shuttle service great price dan westport highway
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I’m writing this review from the room right now. I was just startled awake by a housekeeper who entered our room without knocking. Thankfully the door lock bar stopped her and she closed the door immediately.

The door barely closes as it is.

The main floor has recently been remodeled and looks amazing. The upper floors, however, seem to have been thrown together as cheaply as they could. A television that seems awkwardly small faces a bed with a worn out mattress. We literally felt the springs as soon as we laid down and the head of the bed is crushed down lower than the rest of the mattress. I assume this is from people sitting on the head to watch the tv.

The mattress appears to be 14 years old (see photo) and is covered by a cheap urine stained topper. The super thin pillows appear to be twin-bed sized, and are rather disappointing.

The cabinets are tacky and covered with whatever the last guest left on them. (See photo)

The bathroom feels tiny although the shower does have surprisingly strong water pressure.

The room features a smoke detector that looks discolored and out dated.

Your money is better spent somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear MaxTTF:

Thank you for staying with us. Thank you for your review. Our Front Office Manager, Jessica Clark said that she did speak to you this morning. I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry that you were so dissatisfied with your stay. I will share your comments with my staff.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Standard Doubletree fare. Nice lobby / bar with TV, rooms were OK although the TVs were small and the remote not very effective. The laminated TV guide did not match the actual channels per my son. Breakfast staff felt a little militant the way they demanded any discount coupons and that we wait to be seated. Fitness room is TOO SMALL.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Timothy J G:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the comments and I will review your thoughts carefully and share them with my staff.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Staff was absolutely great. Check-in was perfectly smooth and friendly. I missed out on the cookies as they were still baking and we never got back to the front desk - no worries. The room was fine - it was definitely was showing wear and was looking tired and ready for an upgrade. I definitely liked where the hotel was located - I was here to see the Egyptian Exhibit over at the Art Museum and this hotel wasn't too far. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear iconions:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. My staff and I appreciate the feedback and I am glad to hear that you would stay again.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The hotel room was comfortable and the staff very accommodating however this hotel is a long way out of town. It overlooks a busy highway and an industrial estate. The rooms lower down overlooking the highway are noisy. There is a an airport shuttle bus regularly about every half an hour. It then takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to the airport where you can pick up the Metro into the city. The Metro train took about half an hour. The fare is cheap, free shuttle (you tip the driver), then $7.50 for a day pass on the train. However if I were visiting St Louis again I would choose a hotel in a better location and closer to the city.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the quieter the room.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear fbis:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. The hotel is seven miles from the airport. The average travel time by car or van is 15 minutes to the airport. If you want to be in downtown Saint Louis for an entire trip, our hotel would most likely not be a good choice for you, and there are a number of choices downtown. If you want to be out in Saint Louis County, or you are visiting Saint Louis County, and perhaps, Saint Charles County, we are a good location. Thank you for you review.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

On my 2 night stay , housekeeping never even did my room. Left the room at 7AM and Upon my return, called down after 6 pm and of course housekeeping was done for the day. Great way to save on housekeeping cost is to skip the rooms I suppose. Rooms are showing their age and service was lacking. Doubletree can do better than this .
Lovely carpet stains btw.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank diegodave

Dear diegodave:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this invaluable feedback. I am so sorry that you had such a substandard stay at our hotel. My deepest apologies for your poor experience. As always, I review all reviews with my staff on a daily and weekly basis. Thank you again for your feedback.

General Manage