Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Westport Plaza
  • Pool
US$148
US$115
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport(Maryland Heights)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$87
US$176
US$156
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanoutdoor courtyardwestport plazalabor day weekendbusiness parkquiet locationnice lobbycheck in was easynice propertybusiness tripnext morningking bedplenty of parkingst louisfitness centermarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on this hotel from hotels.com, likely because it was undergoing construction. The bottom floor was under major renovation, though it really didn't bother me. We couldn't hear it from the second floor. I wouldn't have been happy with the construction if we paid full price, but for our deal, I'm very happy with our stay.

The rest of the hotel was nice and clean. The beds were really comfortable. The rooms were nice. I loved our balcony. The hot tub was relaxing and super hot. The staff was very nice and friendly! And surprisingly the breakfast at their bistro was really good. I'm so used to crappy hotel breakfast that I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. We even had a nice gentleman from the staff give us suggestions and directions to close attractions. It's great when you find genuinely nice people!

Stayed: March 2014
stlwp1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. We will be 100% completed with our guest room renovation by April 2014. We hope you keep us in mind on you next visit to St. Louis.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

During my stay here in February, I was a little disappointed in the major renovations going on which are scheduled to be completed by the end of March 2014 but the potential after the renovations seems very promising. There were a number of areas with construction debris and odors from paint, spackling and adhesives but I was never disturbed by noise. The hotel consists of two wings, only connected in the center by the lobby area, on the ground floor with only one wing having an elevator, newly installed. Presumably, the other wing will get an elevator as well but be aware if you have issues with climbing stairs. My room was big and bright with a small balcony but the upholstery of the sleeper sofa and desk chair was very worn and tired so hopefully these are being replaced in the renovation. In addition to the coffee that was available in the room, the new bistro in the lobby was up and operating where one can purchase Starbuck’s coffee and breakfast; the breakfast sandwich I had was made to order and very tasty. Besides breakfast, the bistro was open in the evening offer some food and selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Hopefully, all Courtyards get a similar bistro as this was the highlight of the renovations thus far. While I would not be in a hurry to return during the renovations, I look forward to staying again once they are completed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve1362
stlwp1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the nice comments on the hotel from your recent stay. We are due to be completed with the rooms/public space renovation by the end of March and I believe that you will be pleased with the results.

Greg Kreith

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This Courtyard is as advertised. Just 5-10 minute drive from the airport, 2 minutes off 270 and a 10 minute walk to Westport restaurants. Food and drink service in the lobby had a reasonable menu in a bright airy environment, including sitting by the gas fireplace on a cold evening. Room was clean, good size, I did not hear any road noise. Bathroom was small but very clean. 3 pc's for guest use in lobby. Fitness room had 5-6 aerobic machines and free weights up to 40 lbs. Indoor pool and whirlpool, whirlpool was out of order in my visit. There is some renovation going on in one wing, it did not pose any problem or noise during my weekend visit.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room facing a side street, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Good location, in Market street, not really in downtown but not far from most important spots. Clean, nice rooms and bathroom. Breakfast is simple. Service is kind and effective. Quick checkin, express checkout. Fits well short duration business travel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Having discovered this in another Courtyard visit recently, Courtyards apparently no longer have coffee service. I think little things like that matter. While my room was clean and decent and the bed comfortable and the staff friendly, all the mid-level hotels like this that I stay at have coffee service, at least in the morning. Here's the problem as I see it--the Bistro is a flawed concept, and with many guests thus not using it, they figure if they stop giving us free coffee, we'll buy their overpriced Starbucks coffee. Well, this is not a J.W. Marriott or Renaissance where lots of people on business accounts socialize and dine in the overpriced restaurants. And so, every Courtyard I have stayed at in this past few years of the switchover to the Bistro, there's no one there for breakfast, no one there for dinner. I'm still begrudgingly staying at Courtyards when the room rate is good, but less than I did before--because I'm not buying their coffee, and I'm not making it in my room. And another review is misleading to say 'new and worth a look'--this is an 'old-design' Courtyard that has a renovated lobby but is *about to go through* a renovation of the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
stlwp1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Tony,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard St. Louis Westport onyour recent visit. I have read your comments and would like to apologize with the confusion regarding the morning coffee. Last year Courtyard hotels discontinued the complimentary lobby coffee but continue to offer the same branded coffee complimentary in the guest rooms.

The hotel is currently under renovation and we are due to be completed with 100% of the rooms by the end of March. The first floor of the new rooms are being completed this week and are going to make our hotel truley worth a look!

Thank you again for the business and the next time you are in the hotel ask myself of any of my front office assoicated and we would be happy to offer you a complimentary Starbucks coffee.

Greg Kreith