Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Westport Plaza
US$231
  • Pool
US$181
US$156
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport(Maryland Heights)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$87
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanoutdoor courtyardwestport plazalabor day weekendbusiness parkquiet locationnice lobbycheck in was easynice propertybusiness tripnext morningking bedplenty of parkingst louisfitness centermarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We stayed at the courtyard the end of June beginning of July and we thought it was going to be a really nice place. When we checked in the staff was not really friendly, but the place seemed really clean and nice. After the first night in our room my mom woke up with several bites on her back. We just thought she had some bug bites from being outside. We went through the day and she was pretty itchy, but we never thought much about it. The next night I traded sides of the bed with her and the next morning I woke up covered in bites and she had additional bites as well. That is when we became concerned. We looked on the internet to see what some of the signs of bed bugs were. We had bites that resembled the ones on the internet and our sheets had little red spots on them like they said on the net. We contacted the front desk manager who acted like we were making it up. She said she would come up to investigate. All she did was come and look at the bites on my mom and ask her if we had been to the park. Then she said the only way we could have bugs is if someone snuck a bug into the hotel. They were very defensive and never apologized for anything. They filled out a report saying that they had inspected the room and no bugs were found before they ever came to the room. I did not actually see a bug, but I am certain that I went to bed with no bugs bites and woke up with bites. They may not have been bed bugs, but there were definately bugs in the bed!

• Stayed: July 2006
10  Thank JennaBoo
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia,Mo
Reviewed 17 May 2006

I was impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. Everything was clean, the bath, the floors, all the furniture, the shelves,etc. Moved an extra chair over to the desk so I could eat and not a speck of dust underneath. The staff at this hotel obviously pays attention to detail !!!

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2006

My wife, 5 year old son and 7 month baby stayed 4 nights in early July. Most hotels in St. Louis were full for the 4th of July weekend, so I chose this hotel a little off the beaten path. The room had one king bed and a sofa bed, with plenty of room left for getting around and the baby crib. The room, bathroom, and grounds were very clean, and my 5 year old loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel is in an unusual area for family traveling. It is in a commercial area of small office buildings. There is not much in the way of restaurants in the immediate area, but quite a few a few miles away. Not a great place to stay if you are site seeing because it is a long way from major attractions, but no complaints about the room or hotel. The desk staff was helpful with directions to Wal-Mart and other places we wanted to go. If you need a hotel in the Westport area this is a fine choice.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank sarric
Reviewed 24 February 2006

Facility is a typical clean nice courtyard, however the front desk lady was a ticked off employee with an attitude. Good thing I only dealt with her once. The room was clean, the facility nice. Servers for breakfast were excellent and very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank Vacationer9898
Reviewed 31 May 2005

Just returned from a 3-night stay at Courtyard Westport over Memorial Day weekend. I had no problems with this hotel. I'll give you both my feedback, and that of my boyfriend, as he & I sometimes differ in opinion, and I'm a little easier to please!

Location - Not very close to any major St. Louis attractions. The hotel is about a mile from Westport Plaza, where you'll find several restaurants and bars. We ate at Westport one night at Ozzie's, the restaurant of famous Cardinal shortstop Ozzie Smith. It was good pub food, with lots of TVs to watch sports on. The hotel is just off of I-270, and directions you'll find on the website are slightly confusing. I called the front desk, and they gave me directions that got me there easily. BF liked easy access to the Interstate, although he did complain that it took us 25 minutes to get to the places we visited (Forest Park, the Arch, Six Flags)

Staff - Courteous and quick. I had little interaction with the staff, but they were friendly on check in and when I called to ask directions. My bf had no interaction with them, so he has no opinion.

Amenities - Room had one king size bed (with a VERY thin mattress...not very comfortable!) and a pull-out sofa. There were several channels on the TV and a nice selection of pay-per-view options (movies & tv shows both). We had a small balcony with a view of nothing exciting (the parking lot). BF complained about the towels (said they were too thin and stiff), but I didn't mind them. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, but we spent most of our time outdoors, so we didn't spend any time there. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for about $8.95, but we didn't try it, so I can give no opinions on that.

Price - Typical price for this hotel starts around $79. We got it CHEAP on Priceline...only $38 a night! I would have felt good about it even if we paid more. There's a Red Roof Inn across Page Ave from there that had a sign stating their weekend rate was $59 per night. I felt like we got a much nicer hotel (with indoor corridors) for a much better price.

All in all, we had a great long weekend stay at this hotel, and would reccomend it to other travelers who don't mind a little bit of a drive to get to the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2005