“It's age is showing, bathroom cleanliness is a problem”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 15 October 2012

As usual, the staff were pleasant and I love that La Quinta is dog friendly! This is one of the oldest, shabbiest La Quinta's that I've ever stayed in however. The first room they put me in had double beds. BOTH were so far past when they should have been discarded that when one sat on the edge it felt like you were rolling backward into a well. I knew there was no way I could sleep on them. The desk clerk said that they were in the process of replacing all the mattresses but she didn't know which rooms had been done yet or not (huh?). She moved me to another room whose bed was better (but still quite old and saggy). I decided to accept that rather than keep room hopping all night. It slept OK so that worked out alright. The breakfast was typical and plentiful. The one truly bad thing was, as mentioned in a number of other reviews, the bathroom. The overall room cleanliness was not great but the bathrooms were particularly nasty. The cleaning there was mediocre at best. There were smelly yellow stains in the corners under the sinks with hair stuck in them - YUCK! Although the neighborhood was nice, I would not choose this La Quinta again for a return trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BJT-Traveler
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I (and our pets) stayed here for one night on a trip through the Midwest. The first issue we had to deal with was mine. I had made out reservation one night off (for the day we left rather than the day we arrived). The desk staff was very accommodating in getting a room for us. It was a Thursday night, so we were in luck there, but there were people already arriving for a weekend dog show in the area.

The exterior of the hotel was attractive (and there was some remodeling going on at the time). The interior was clean and attractive as well. We had a king room and it was spacious enough to easily get our pets set up in the room. The bed was comfortable, and the HD TV was great. The one negative, which seems to be a repeated theme in reviews for this hotel, was bathroom cleanliness. My wife came out of the bathroom and said there was hair in the sink. It wasn't as bad as some others have reported, but, really, why can't staff be trained to clean correctly?

We hit the road early so we weren't able to try the breakfast. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would come back here again if we are in the area. I give it a 4 for the staff, value, and general quality, but it's really a 3.5 for the cleaning issue.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Galveston, Texas, USA
Reviewed 8 October 2012

As always the staff at LQ were stellar!! This time we gave the entire experience 5stars..We chose to stay in a suite, because we had been staying in motels for a week and felt like pampering ourselves. The room was Beautiful & modern including the TVs. The location was also great with a lot of restaurants and shopping near by. The biggest lesson we learned was, the extra few dollars spent for a suite was truly a value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Sebastian, Florida, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This one one of the nicer LaQuinta's we have stayed in. The rate was only $55 with AAA. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast decent...as normal for LaQuinta. We requested a King with ADA access. It was unavailable due to repairs, but the manager called us in advance and gave us two doubles instead, which was OK. Good airport access, but away from the Arch and downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

this place is in dire need of a remodel. It is in a good neighborhood but honestly, this place is far from
'suites'. when we got there it took the hotel staff a good 15 minutes to understand my reservation. I am not easily offended, so it didnt bother me but i found it humorous that the roofers replacing the roof were YELLING " eff this and efff that' off the roof. I had to take a wet towel to clean all the human hair off the bathroom floor. The room itself was ok....again,, just really old The bathroom tub was literally stained in several places and prob hasnt been replced since 1980. The staff was nice. The bonus is, there is a hooters in walking distance so my hubby and i were able to eat there at night and have some drinks and just walk across the parking lot to our room.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Laquinta Inn at Westport in St. Louis MO. We were here for a woman's conference. We really enjoyed our stay. It is a excellent hotel for senior citizens who can still get around on they're own. I feel safe staying at Laquinta Inns.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!