“Solid Choice Near Westport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay and it more than served its purpose. Yes there are several other options near by but this hotel would be tough to beat in terms of overall value. I travel to this area a minimum of 1x per year and have stayed at the Sheraton, Doubletree and Courtyard. While this might not be the nicest in terms of amenities it really is very nice and great value as it is considerably less expensive!
The lobby is relatively big with the breakfast area with typical free breakfast-waffles, muffins, juice etc. Right behind is a nice courtyard and pool area with tables etc if you want to enjoy breakfast outdoors.
Rooms are decent size, not huge but not small. Flat screen tv, coffee maker, fridge/microwave. Pretty large bathroom which brings me to my only complaint...it looks like the tub use to have the nonslip stickers which were removed and so it was stained in areas and didn't look so great. But the rest of the room was fine with newer bed linens but the color scheme is hunter green to match the bath tile and carpet and it screams mid/late 90s. If that was updated, it would look much better!
I definitely would stay again for my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jworm23

Reviewed 12 September 2013

On a positive note: very easy to find from the Interstate. However, it is some distance from downtown. You have a good walk or a short car journey to Westport Plaza to find an evening meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was a good size with a full size desk and was very clean. There was no fridge but cold drinks and sandwiches, salads etc are available from the garage next door. Continental breakfast self-service is OK but I was horrified at the waste created by all the polystyrene cups, plates and dishes and plastic cutlery which was all thrown in the trash. We has little trouble with hall noise and plumbing noise from other rooms but I think the hotel was fairly quiet when we stayed there. Free wifi was great and had no problems with that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenerfingers
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Had a very unexpected/emergency stop in St.Louis last week. Ive never been to STL and was traveling alone, and knew I did'nt want to stay downtown. I ended up at this Laquinta, and Im so glad I did! They really made my nightmare of a layover so, so much more bearable. Everything from the check in, to my room, everything was really perfect. I had a suite, which was very quiet and clean! This property seems to be a bit bigger than some, Nice breakfast area. All around and very welcoming stay that saved my night- thanks LQ!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pros:
- location
- moderate rate
- free breakfast, typical self-serve fare. Many other hotels have similar offering.

Cons:
- noisy. Hall noises, neighboring doors slamming closed, loud plumbing noises from adjoining rooms
- sub-standard room service. Removed dirty towels but failed to replace with fresh ones, had to get from front desk. The front desk attendent was able to check-in three guests during the time it took the other staff member to find clean towels. Cleaning service turned on mtv and left it blaring after they finished. I could hear it walking down the hall to the room later that evening. It didn't bother me since I was gone all afternoon, but the guests in within the other 8 or 10 neighboring rooms couldn't have been happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We recently took a road trip with the longest part of our trip staying in St. Louis. We had our dogs with us and stayed at La Quintas along the way. We were boarding our dogs while in St Louis and thought we would stay at a "nicer" hotel while there. I had booked five nights at another Westport hotel and the price was triple La Quinta's price.

After staying at La Quintas on the way there we were so impressed that we cancelled our other St Louis hotel and booked at the La Quinta St Louis Westport. We loved our stay there. Our room was a nice size, very clean and well kept, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was great too!

The moral of the story is...save your money from those high priced hotels and enjoy what La Quinta has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I arrived to St. Louis having booked with a competing hotel prior to our arrival. Once in St. Louis we were disappointed that the non-smoking room which we had pre-booked was not available. We were tired from hours of driving and needed some rest - quick! We found La Quinta Hotel next to the "other" hotel and was very warmly greeted, and thankfully accommodated with a king-size non-smoking room ~ OUR TRIP TO ST. LOUIS WAS SAVED by La Quinta! We are thankful and will definitely plan our next hotel stay with you again!!! Thank YOU!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had two nights here last week. With our dog in tow, we walked in to check in at about 1030pm. The desk staff was very friendly and nice, putting us in a room on the first floor for easier access out with our dog. The room was spacious and clean. Impressed with the little microwave, fridge, coffee set up. They're clean, good quality, and it's really good La Quinta still provide them in all rooms. Makes a real difference, esp. a small fridge. The grounds too were pretty nice -- both for dog and no cigarette butts around doorways. The only thing I wish was something hot and savory for breakfast, like some bacon and scrambled eggs. But appreciate the presence of whole fruits and hard boiled eggs. La Quinta is our choice now coz they're always dog friendly, and are generally meet our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!