If you want to pay the $47 fee, per night, and put up with having to trek through crowded hallways and take busy elevators, to eventually get to a little landscaping with rocks for your pet to relieve itself; then I guess this hotel is "pet-friendly".
First, the lady with reservations gave me a stern lecture about their pet policy. "The first time someone complains about your dog barking, you get a warning. The second time, you will be asked to leave." Luckily, we had no complaints, although our little dog did occasionally bark, in the room and on the journeys outside. Secondly, they put us in the middle of what appeared to be a "party floor". Rowdy people were hauling coolers to their rooms. With all these loud people going by our door, our dog will sometimes bark. What's worse? People, young and old, intentionally being loud in a casino hotel (where people could be sleeping any time of the day) or a dog that barks at them? I guess I'm different. Any conversation I have in a hallway is at a subdued level.
Now that I got that off my chest...to the room.
We stayed in the Sunset Tower. Nice, clean room. About average for a casino of this caliber. No view other than the roof the casino. The bed was great. So was the ventilation that allowed the fan to stay on to create some background noise to mask outside noises. The hi-def TV had no hi-def channels, just normal programming stretched wide, and several channels had poor reception. The bathroom was nice, but a bit small. It had a nice deep tub with a curved shower rod---the kind that always tends to be loose and droop.
Housekeeping and Front Desk personnel seemed friendly and accommodating. We wanted to get home before some bad weather was coming in and they allowed us to cancel our second night of stay without penalty. We were also allowed a late checkout without additional charge. What they couldn't help us with was adjusting the cost of the room, based on our casino play, even after a long night of gambling.
No review of their buffet or restaurants this visit. Their prices are a bit too steep, so we ate at Ameristar (5 min away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While you are here, we invite you to discover exciting gaming with non-stop entertainment and gourmet dining. Test your luck on our extensive selection of over 2,100 slot machines plus over 57 table games. We also have a number of dining options from fast, delicious burgers at Celebrity Grill to a more upscale experience at Final Cut Steakhouse. There is something to settle everyone at our seven dining venues. The excitement doesn't stop there! Don't forget about Boogie Nights. Dance the night away with the Ultimate 70s & 80s dance club open every Friday and Saturday from 9pm - 3am. Experience fun and excitement all under one roof. If there is anything we can to enhance your stay, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.855.STL.GAME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrahs Hotel Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Saint Louis
- Harrahs St Louis Casino Hotel
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO