“Hollywood hotel/casino”

Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were driving through St Louis and decided at the last minute to stay at the Hollywood Hotel/Casino in St Louis. The room was very nice and beds very comfortable. The front desk was a little unorganized and short staffed which made check in/check out take longer than needed. To get to your room you must use your key card in the elevator. I am sure it is a security measure but when they don't work makes things much more difficult.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a few hours in the casino before returning to our room and ordering room service. Our meals were good but nothing special. I asked for dinner rolls with our meals but they were not able to provide any kind of bread. Waitresses were absent on the casino floor which meant having to leave the slot machines to seek out beverages.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaclr
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Hollywood casino/hotel June 16th - June 20th. We made a reservation and had to move it back a day and that was seamless!! The check-in was very fast and efficient. Our room was a long way from the elevator so ask for a room close to the elevators unless you want a workout. The safe was a little bigger than what we have had in Vegas in our room. The room was average but was fine for our needs. The bed was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The one thing this hotel lacks is a pool. There is however a lake/park (creve core?) with a huge beach about a mile away. Turn right out of the Hollywood, go down about 2 lights to creve core road. the lake sits about 1/4 mile on the right side. They rent bikes paddle boards etc. Unfortunately we didn't find this until our last day.

We ate at the buffet and it was outstanding. Comparable or better than what we have experienced in Las Vegas. Plenty of choices of meats, deserts, and great service. when we visited it was $17.99 per person (dinner) and I felt you really get your money's worth. Maid service was excellent. They never beat on doors and want to clean your room if you have your do not disturb sign up. When you leave your room then they come clean it and they always greet you in the hallways, very polite. There is a pretzel shop and steak restaurant which we did not use.

The casino remodel is now finished. There are 2 entrances so once you figure out which entrance to use to get to the table games it seems much easier to navigate. There are table games with lower limits ($5) which suits my wife, while I play higher limits. There is good variety of table games. There was only 1 regular crap table open and 1 crapless table. the regular table was almost always full. Slot / video poker machines actually paid off jackpots. We played the 98%+ payouts and they did payout. The poker room has daily tournaments and if you sign up early you get extra chips. We have played at other Hollywood casinos and did not have the same ability to win as we did here. Overall we were very happy with our time here in both the hotel & casino. We will stay again if offered.

Room Tip: get a room near the elevators as it is a long trek to the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This has been a great spot for a change of scenery. Booked a room online for two days just to get away for a bit. Foyer, bathroom walls and flooring are marble. Granite tops on desk, night stands, entertainment center and bathroom vanity. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. And great service to top it off! What more can I say? I am pleased.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Harrah's which is now Hollywood for the past 10 years.The hotel rooms used to be nice but our last 2 visits not.Carpet in rooms severely stained and worn out.Bathroom sink cracked.TV old and poor picture.Cigarette burn holes in curtains and bedspread.Remodel soon or loose more customers.Only breakfast at Aroma cafe all I can say is terrible hash browns taste like cardboard and eggs were terrible also.I can see why Caesars (Harrah's) sold this property off . Not Good.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 1relax1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stay at the Hollywood Casino/Hotel a couple time a year and always have free rooms. They have added a $10.00 per night fee which I guess is a resort fee. The last few times we've stayed the casino has been under renovation but it is finished now and is very nice. I haven't had much gambling luck but have had a good time. We ate at the dinner buffet and it was just okay. We had a food credit to eat there, otherwise I probably would eat else where. The rooms were clean and nice, no complaints,. I did notice that the hallway on our floor was very dirty and needed to be vacuumed. The same paper and trash was on the floor when we checked into our room and when we left the next day. We had good service both in the casino and in the hotel. With these exceptions I would recommended the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed at the Hollywood Casino Hotel 4 or 5 times in the past year. I have never had a room that was not clean. I have always stayed on a lower floor. Sometimes I had been alone & had a king bed & I have also stayed with someone & had 2 queens.

A couple of the things that are very good for me are there is a free shuttle to & from the airport. The hours are limited. They do not start until 6am & they stop around 10 or 11pm. Something else that is very handy for me is they have free parking in a covered garage. I have stayed & parked there for close to 2 weeks & no extra charge for parking. One time there were 2 cars. Most hotels charge $6 to $12 per day for an extra car.

Again, I have never had a dirty room. There has always been plenty of towels, there is a coffee maker, a small frig, ice bucket, 2 bottles of water, no charge, and there is free wifi in the room.

I have never been thee without a car, so I have not had a problem finding a place to eat. Sometimes we go to the buffet at the Hollywood. The last two times we stayed at the Hollywood I have used the Metro system. The first time I rode the shuttle to the airport & took the Metro to the Arch & the St Louis Zoo. This was on Memorial Day & I did not want to drive. We were also there on the 4th of July and I used the bus & the Metro again. I learned that you could catch the bus at the Hollywood & then go to the Metro station. I went to the St Louis Botanica gardens that day.

I have no problems with the Hollywood or its staff. I am planning on staying there in Sept & again in Oct the nights before I am flying out of St Louis. Also my boyfriend likes to gamble there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mkb607
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
River City Casino & Hotel
#19 of 124 in Saint Louis
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 18 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel? Share your experiences!