“Had a great time”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
St. Louis
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My husband went to spent the night at harrahs on a whim. Made reservations on Harrahs.com. It was very easy to do. Chek in and out was a snap. The room was clean. The bed was so comforable that we slept like babies. I even won a small jackpot. My husband and I will be back in November for a small vacation. See you there. We go to Harrahs at least once a week and enjoy ourselves. Its our night out and take only the money we can afford to lose. Sometimes we win. Have a great time next time you come back to St. Louis Harrahs.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St. Louis,Mo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We had a great time. The suite was wonderful. Charlie Gittos and the Range are excellent. We have also stayed on New Years Eve and had a great time. We can't wait till next year.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Durham, NC
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My niece and I visited this property on 10 - 12 Sept 2010. This was a complimentary trip, but upon arrival from N.C. that morning, our room was not ready. The receptionist was quick to remind me that check-in wasn't until 3pm. She we left there and had breakfast at Bob Evans. Our server and restaurant manager was great!!! Regarding the hotel/casio, our main complaint was the smoke in the lobby, hallways and casino floors. It was over powering to the point that we could not enjoy our stay. I was the only one to gamble Fri night from about 10:30pm and refused to go back to the casino floor the rest of my time there. There was a very small non-smoking area, which made no sense because either the smoke followed you over there or a smoker would sit in that area and fire up a cigarette (how rude!!!). I discussed all my concerns with my Casino Host and she agreed that it was much worse those days than usual. The main entrance to the hotel lobby was dirty, in and around the rotating doors were dirty and all the windows were screaming to be cleaned. The weather was nice, so we opted to just sit outside for clean air. The 'VIP Lounge' was so small that to separate smoking from non-smoking was a joke - the Casino Host agreed with that too. We did enjoy the buffet. The food was really good, but other than that it was a total disappointment. Saturday night was miserable - so much so, we went to our rooms immediately after dinner (8:30p) and lights were out in our room at 10p. I had never been so ready to come back to N.C. Thank God that entire trip for us was comped (flight and hotel) because I would have been highly upset if I had paid. I told my Casio Host that I would never return unless their smoking policy was revised for the entire hotel/casino/VIP Lounge and that I was not spending any more of my money, if I could not enjoy losing it!! Oh, I never saw my Casion Host and she didn't bother to call me contact me after our conversation early Saturday - wonder why???. After returning home, I received 2 online surveys, in which I quickly completed. My suggestion: If you can stand the smoke, you'll be okay -- if not, don't waste your time!

• Stayed September 2010
Chgo
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed here in 2007 and returned twice this summer. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but very clean. No dust in the corners or anything. Have stayed in both towers, hear they are upgrading all rooms with flat screen TV's so hope more upgrades are on the way. The Range Steakhouse food is excellent, as is the buffet. Lots of selections and higher quality food, not your usual buffet fare. Charlie Gitto's is okay; they should have their Early Bird Menu selections available all night, as we do not care for their regular selections. Sammy's Beach Bar was terrible...only about 8 choices on the menu, not stuff you would even think of ordering. Service was horrible. Only two other customers in the whole place, and they could not even get our order right or wait on us properly. Video poker and keno are my games of choice, and selections and variety of both are great. Casino atmosphere is very nice, lots of the old favorites quarter machines in the back if you are so inclined. There is a courtesy shuttle to/from the airport, which is convenient. We will definitely return, as they are very generous with their room and food comps, and have everything you need right there. 24-hour grill on the casino floor, nice coffee/pastry shop close to the room elevators. Cocktail waitresses come around often and there are also several self-serve drink stations. Overall, a great place to visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I go to Harrahs St. Louis 3-4 times a year when I need to get away from it all. I have never found my room to be dirty. I have always been greeted by friendly people. In fact, I really have nothing to complain about. I love it! Great selection of games. Great transportation from airport. I have always found my room to be perfect size, in perfect order, with generous amenities. If I could add one thing to this facility, it would be a coffee shop with breakfast food. Other than that, I love it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Indiana
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Just stayed at the Mardi Gras for 4 nights comped. No complaints about the room, it was very nice and clean. My complaint is the customer service in the casino. Since Seven Stars has been started a Diamond player evidently means nothing here anymore. When I first started going a host would look me up daily and see if everything was OK, but those days are history, last two trips not once did anyone approach me. Spent the same amount of time and money at casino. Guess since Seven Stars started
being Diamond doesn't mean anything anymore. 4.5 hour drive for me so I doubt I will return. The old customer service treatment is what always made me make the extra drive, but now why bother.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Cons - Stayed at this property duing the weekend of September 4, 2010. Hotel personnel always appreared busy and did not want to be bothered at the front desk. Their conversations with each other took priority over assisting guests. I paid zilch for my room thanks a Diamond Comp. However, I feel that I paid too much for my room. Room was tiny; I mean tiny. The paint on the ceiling in the room is peeling off. The bathroom is so small you can hardly turn around. There were paint chips falling from the ceiling while taking a shower. Room 432 in the Island Tower is a room more fitting a roadside motor lodge. Told the front desk about my problems with the room and they apologized. No free internet. They actually have no touch with reality and charge big bucks for internet. Hello: this is 2010 and hotels quit charging for internet ages ago. Just about the last time my hotel room saw a good cleaning. Here is a tip, look at the marble floors next to the elevator entrance on the first floor. You can't see the marble because of the caked on dirt. This Harrahs property must not be actually owned by Harrahs. They should hang their head in shame.

Pros - I was able to check out of the hotel early on Sunday and get to another hotel that was habitable. The restaurants in this Harrahs are pretty good I must say. The Italian restaurant was simply outstanding. Here is a tip. Book your room at another hotel, but go eat at the Italian restaurant in Harrahs STL. TR19806111559

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
River City Casino & Hotel
River City Casino & Hotel
#16 of 120 in Saint Louis
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#15 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel? Share your experiences!