“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
San Antonio, Texas
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night (12/30/2013). We have stayed at several Drury Inns over the past several years and this one was much like the others - wonderful. The building itself may be a little old but the room was very, very nice. The bed was very comfortable and the entire room was exceptionally clean.

This hotel serves both dinner and breakfast. Neither would win a 5-star award for offerings but they were sufficient for us and kept us from having to go back out into the cold to find someplace to eat.

The size of the bathroom was much like most we've experienced over the years. It was adequate and we had no problems with it.

Checking in and out was a breeze. In fact, for checking out, just leave your room key(s) in the room and leave - your room receipt is slid under the door during the night.

This will most certainly be the hotel we say in during future stops in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harrygjr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was our first time staying at a hotel in the Drury chain and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Based on this stay we will stay with this chain again. The room was pleasant, the bathroom was small, but did not feel cramped, very good use of space. Any employee you encountered would greet you and they all seemed happy while at work. The happy hour with appetizers was the best “extra” we have seen at a hotel. The breakfast had a good variety of food. Employees were always present to clean up and restock the food. This was a great hotel – can’t wait to try some of their other locations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CLG4127
Fordland, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

You can stay closer to the Verizon Amphitheater but you won't find better service. Ask at the desk and they will give you directions to the Amphitheater the back way. much better than sitting in traffic from the highway. Very nice staff and very clean. We were on the first floor and we could only hear doors closing, otherwise, no talking and such.

Room Tip: They do have connecting rooms and will try to fill that request.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank laurachick
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This particular Drury Inn has a very friendly and helpful staff. I've stayed at this location a few times when visiting St. Louis. Its a good centrally located hotel for the St. Louis area. They have an excellent selection of foods at breakfast; and the foods they offer in the evenings is enough to make a full meal. They also have a limited selection of alcoholic beverages. They offer popcorn and free soda in the afternoon/early evening until 10:00 pm. Free Internet access in the rooms and the lobby areas. The rooms are typical, comfortable - but the free extras make this a great value. And if you get a Internet special, or have an AAA or AARP card you can get a discount on the rates.
This particular stay there was a group of kids from a baseball team staying there one night during my four night stay - and it was pretty noisy and chaotic as they ran up and down the halls. It quieted down by the time I went to bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie D
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed Thursday -Sunday. Somehow our reservations was incorrect when we arrived. Were told we didn't have a suite for the entire weekend. They had us down for a regular room. But, a suite was open on thur only. Sold out sat-sun. I was very upset, as we have two kids under 3. One goes to bed at 6:30pm the other 8:30! We couldn't all sit in one room quietly. Anyway, Friday late afternoon I saw the general manger and asked him of there was anything at all he could do. He went to the computer and hooked us up. It was so great, except that we had to move out luggage back to the suite. I really appreciated him working with us. The buffets were stocked really well. Super clean. Staff were extremely attentive to cleaning it. My daughter gives it a five star for the nightly popcorn. My husband gave 5 stars for free beer. I gave it 5 stars for the pool! When we go back, we will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank letsgo12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

There was only two things I could say that I didn't like the first being when they where having the snacks that evening the girl that was filling it was very rude when I asked her a question about when something was going to be filled. Then after that I went to my room and the key would not work to open my door called the front desk and ask the gentleman if I had the right room he said yes and would bring up a key then he said I would have to show my ID which I understood that but on the phone he said it least 3 times during our conversion ok I understand about having to show ID. then when he came up he had the keys in his hands and when my daughter was going to get them from him for the 4th time he said "I would have to see her ID" as I was already getting my ID out of my purse. We had all of our luggage with us standing in the hall so guess he thought we was going to run away with the key and our luggage not for sure but he had a very smart way of acting when he was dealing with us. Everyone else was great the gentleman checking us in was so friendly and nice and even the 3rd shift night desk clerk was great very friendly. Maybe the other 2 was having a bad night not for sure other than that it was a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kam39
West Plains, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

this is definately not the best drury inn i've stayed at. It is an older property. However, the room was very clean, the staff very nice, and the food was great. My room was much smaller than i'm used to, it was ok for me as i was alone. but if 2-4 people were in the room in would have been very crowded. The bathroom was especially small, too small really. but i had a nice hot shower, which is a plus. It was nice and quiet, far enough off the highway that I wasn't bothered by noise. Every staff member was nice and friendly, they even let me check in a couple hours early, I was very thankful for that after a long drive. The breakfast area was very spacious with lots of tables and good food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank steph422
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the room being small; that said, we are glad to hear that your experience at our hotel was a good one. Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kevin Wheeler