“Except for the 4th of July, Very Good”

Holiday Inn Express Maryville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Maryville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Except for the 4th of July, Very Good”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This property has a lot going for it. A small town like Maryville is fortunate to have a nicer place like this. Carol Jean checked me in at 1:00 a.m. and she does her job well. I felt welcomed and was grateful to see a mature, competent person at the helm that late at night. Carol (?), the hostess at breakfast is also outstanding. Very friendly staff. The room was clean and I do appreciate multiple outlets (two on the wall and one on the lamp) so I could keep all my electronics charged in one convenient place.

The staff left a letter for me on July 3 telling me that the staff would only be replacing towels, amenities, and emptying trash on July 4 so the staff could spend the day with their family. Nice idea but no discount (charged the full $92.00 for the night). As one who was in town for three nights on business, five hours from home, and working all day on July 4th, I was more than a bit jealous but even more irritated that this nice perquisite was given while compromising the service of the guests who were not informed of this when reservations were made or when checking in. I mentioned this to the front desk when checking out and was just told that Holiday Inn allows for this. Since I am brand-loyal, this was very irritating! By the number of cars in the parking lot (about a dozen), I’m thinking it would not have required anyone work too late in the day to provide the service for which we were billed!

I agree with other reviewers - the pillow need replacing!

I would still recommend staying here but I would also recommend the hotel reduce the rate or give the option for full service on holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel, facing away from the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maryville, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear EnjoyTravelAlways,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am pleased you appreciated our friendly staff. I'm very sorry that you encountered some issues with the pillow in your room and the service you received during the holidays. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Maryville you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is a nice place to stay. Clean cofortable rooms with refrigerator and microwave. Indoor pool and exercise room. Great morning breakfast and nice staff. Definately would reccomend as a nice place to stay. Also right next to Applebees so you can walk to dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank M M
Dan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maryville, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. Our staff works hard to be warm, welcoming and polite, beginning with the phone call to make your reservations. I'm pleased to hear that you received that service. My apologies for the struggle with your room temperature. We desire our guests to be comfortable to get a good nights rest. I will pass along your compliment to our housekeeping staff regarding the room condition. We value our guests feedback. It enables us to best meet your needs and expectations. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Maryville. We look forward to your return.

Dan
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

Wonderful, clean hotel in the small town. Right off the highway. Very clean and the people are friendly. Great amenities like indoor pool and exercise room. Breakfast was exceptional!

• Stayed June 2012
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The front desk clerk (Lynn?) got us checked into 2 of our rooms early because some of our students needed to change before presenting at a conference. She was so nice to get them ready early, and the rooms looked great! Had tasty cookies in the evening, and the breakfast is so much better than the average hotel breakfast (think pancakes, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, etc.). We didn't get a chance to try the pool, but it looked fun! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: The suites are really nice; we had one with a separate living area and 2 queen beds in the bedroom...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rebecca C
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Maryville, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide positive feedback regarding your stay. Our staff works hard to make your stay enjoyable. Your comments about how great the rooms looked have been communicated to the housekeeping staff. They deserve a lot of credit for keeping our hotel looking good. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The staff here is very nice, but it does not hide the age of the property. However, it is still probably the best hotel in town. A bit pricey for rural MO, we paid about $90/night. Small workout room would have been better it the equipment worked. But, clean and safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bostictj
the Midwest
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I was very pleased with this hotel. For me, the most important element is cleanliness, and this hotel is spotless. Before settling into a room I always pull back all the sheets and mattress pads. The mattress was perfectly white. The whole hotel smelled fresh and clean, and the staircases were nicely carpeted. And it was perfectly quiet, too.

I'm really glad I gave Holiday Inn Express chain another chance. After having been repelled by the condition of the Holiday Inn Express in Westport (Kansas City MO) I would have avoided this chain completely had it not been for the positive reviews about the Maryville location on TripAdvisor. I disagree with the previous poster who said that Holiday Inn Expresses are generally consistent. It does pay to check TripAdvisor for each location!

As for places to eat, we appreciated the proximity of chain eateries near this hotel, but our local hosts at Northwest Missouri State University took us to the A&G restaurant downtown. I would like to vouch for it - if you want to eat somewhere unique and locally owned, you will probably find plenty on their very long menu that is to your liking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MildManneredTraveler
tulsa, ok
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was wonderful. Rooms were clean and comfortable, food was good. Easy to find and navigate from. My biggest complaint was that the beds were a bit soft and the pillows lumpy. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family