All reviewshistoric houseamazing hostshot tubbreakfast was excellentvisit mexicosaunamissourimofulton
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was in Mexico, MO for my 25th high school reunion. I picked this place because of their website, but it was way above and beyond what I expected. My room was spotless! I stayed in the little room at the bottom of the turret, and it was incredibly perfect. It was quiet and cozy and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Breakfast was some of the best food I have had in a long time- Jeannie is an excellent cook! She and Mariah also made me feel like I was part of the family. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DrKamala
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was in Mexico, MO for a business trip. I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and was a little apprehensive, however, the moment I walked in I was completely at ease. Jeannie, the owner, asked when I had to be at work and though Breakfast is usually served at 9 am., she immediately made adjustments and had a 4 star breakfast waiting for me at 7:30 a.m. every morning. As I walked in every night there was some kind of wonderful pastry waiting for me beside my door to help me unwind from the day. Duke, their dog, was on the back porch every morning wagging his tail with a smile to greet me. If you're not a dog person, one would never have known he was there except for the wagging of his tail and the smile on his face. If you are a dog person, you know the at home feeling that gives one. Great atmosphere-- I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Michael V, Owner at A.P. Green House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. My husband, daughter and I love owning and running the Bed and Breakfast. Our goal is that when you walk into our home that you feel a part of our family and I can see this guest certainly felt that way! Come and see for yourself!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed for a college graduation...my husband was hesitant but just told me the other day we need to go back there. Our stay was short wished it could have been longer but had back to back graduations in two states that didn't allow us. Jeannie just like an old friend welcoming made her house feel like your own. The house completely amazing, I just love older homes and this would be a dream home. Mariah and Mike equally welcoming...be sure to check out Mariah's piano playing. Jeff and Char Krause, Morris, IL

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

We have many husbands who are VERY hesitant to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. I actually had to kidnap my husband for our first B&B experience! It worked... so please try it out ladies! We enjoy having our guests here and have people coming for all sorts of reasons including college and high school graduations, high school reunions and weddings/anniversaries. Our anniversary package can come with an intimate picnic for two and romantic candlelight dinner. Ask about our "extras" as they change based on our guests needs.
Thank you again for complimenting our "family-like" atmosphere.
Janine Vogel
Owner
The A.P. Green House B&B
Mexico, MO

Reviewed 25 May 2013

The ambiance at this B&B is so great that we stayed for at least an hour after breakfast, talking and enjoying the company. High compliments to Jeannie, Michael, Mariah & Roy that we felt so much at home that we hated to leave. We came here to help our son who lives in Centralia recover from a car accident. From the moment we entered - peaceful and homey
Friendly family and handyman
Very Clean, charming and 1st class all the way
Very accommodating
Fantastic Breakfast (changes daily) Impressed with the service, display and taste - incredible 3 course meal at 9am.
Beautiful Victorian Style throughout home
Unique rooms, (our's was huge)- plenty of lights
Outdoor porch, hot tub, sauna
Free water, soda, homemade baked goods, throughout the day
Use of refrigerator
Amazing soft water, does miracles for your body & hair
Huge double shower with marble walls, double sinks in our room
Extremely comfortable bed
Quiet setting, Relaxing gardens
Many extra sitting rooms, TV & entertaiment - pool table, pin ball machine, etc.
Has Internet throughout the house
Plenty of books, magazine, & CD's plus information on surrounding area
Performing Arts Center Across The Street
Great BBQ a mile down the road
Reasonable priced
If you are in this area - or even passing through - you will not find a 'finer' place to enjoy.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elizabeth Bond room for 5 nights - double sinks - HUGE double tiled showers - quiet - Every room is unique - and just as special - depends on your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Michael V, Owner at A.P. Green House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

We were truly blessed to have such a great couple staying with us and as always we try to help out in every way we can where there is a family emergency situation. In this case, our guests son was injured in an automobile accident so we gave them 40% off their entire stay with us. We can't afford to do that too much, but so far we've always been able to help out the only way we can.
My wife and I are so excited with this review because it was due to all the ratings that came before this one that caused our guests to choose our Bed and Breakfast over all the other places they could have stayed. Having just received notification that we earned the Trip Advisor Excellence in Service Award, I can now show our future guests how our other patrons felt about staying with us - enough to provide us the reviews necessary to win a coveted award that put us in the top 10% of all Trip Advisors patrons. Thank you both for such an awesome review.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Our hosts, Mike and Janine and daughter Mariah were so genuine, pleasant, and friendly. The reservation was only for two nights but we wished we could have stayed longer. Breakfasts were awesome! We were served eggs Benedict and Belgian waffles. On both mornings breakfast came with fresh fruit and juice and spring flowers on the table. Our room was nice as we expected. The extra large cast iron bathtub was heaven! If you are passing through the area, or live near and need a great escape, we can without hesitation recommend the A. P. Green House.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael V, Owner at A.P. Green House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

It is so great to see another very satisfied guest. It is becoming a regular occurrence to see a great review by our guests and we are forever grateful. This does not however relieve us from the duty to ensure that every room, as well as the entire house is always ready for a guest. Our standards are certainly higher than that of our guests but we know if it does not meet our standards, it will certainly not pass the standards of our guests - who we work for each and every time. We are adding dishes to our menu that most have never had - at least not in a restaurant. Our desire is that each and every guests first above all else, feels like they are home. Secondly we want each guest to feel a part of our family. Thirdly, we expect our guests to feel free to ask for anything and expect everything. As long as we can fulfill all the expectations of our guests, we know our reviews will continue to be as good as they can be. Our goal is not to get high points on paper, but simply to outperform where requested. Thanks again for the wonderful review. I promise to endeavor to always perform at peak performance, and to always fill your requests to the best of my ability.
Michael R. Vogel