“Excellent Hotel and Staff”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mexico
Springfield, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at the Country Hearth last night. The hotel was absolutely immaculate and the staff was very courteous. Very nice people. The room was very clean and comfortable. I high recommend. There are new beds that were very comfortable and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I just checked in at this hotel here last night here in Mexico Missouri. I was greatly impressed. The rooms are excellent and pool was so delightful they have a pool and hot tub it was very relaxing and they have an excellent fitness room. They Got great staff members, John is a very friendly front desk person he helped me out with everything I needed. They have an excellent housekeeper her name is Cindy. They got a great Continental breakfast. I'm just very pleased with this hotel. Granted they have best western down the road but this hotel have cheaper rates and the same luxury especially with there brand new pillow top beds and comforters. Ill be more then happy to stay here again and recommend people to come here

Room Tip: rooms on downstairs floors are quitter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This will hopefully be the worst hotel review I ever do. I still cannot believe this weekend.

My daughter and I stayed at the Country Hearth Inn and Suites in Mexico, MO. We had stayed at the one in Fulton, MO, about half an hour away, and were very pleased. We learned that just because it's good in one place, that doesn't mean it will be good in another.

Our room was downstairs, just behind the front desk. We heard people jumping on the floors at all hours, dogs barking, people talking and people taking showers. It was quite noisy. There was a huge cigarette burn in my bedspread, although the hotel is clearly marked as non smoking. The shower head had a hard water tinge to it, like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The mirrors were streaky and there was a film over the window.

Breakfast was its own nightmare. We had the choice of stale muffins, cereal (the container was nearly empty) and some brown apples. No protein whatsoever. There was a sign that told us not to take our food into our rooms, but the sun was shining right in our eyes at every table. After being unable to eat my muffin, I grabbed a cup of coffee (which was actually pretty good) and went back to our room. We didn't even bother the second morning.

The most disturbing thing is the lack of honesty. Once I arrived home Sunday, I realized I had left my hoodie and makeup bag. I called and reported it and they said they would get back to me. On Tuesday, I called back and talked to John. He took my number, again, and said he would call me the following day. I called back on Thursday and again talked to John. He said the items weren't found. I know exactly where they were, so either Housekeeping hasn't gone in the room, or somebody removed my Mizzou hoodie from the desk chair and my makeup bag from the bed, and just decided not to report it. I asked to speak to the general manager and John refused. I asked for the general manager's name, and was told it was Sam, and that's all I legally needed to know. John asked why I needed to talk to Sam, and I told him I needed to lodge a complaint. John was extremely rude, and I suspect he hasn't actually checked on my items.

With as few hotels that are available in the Mexico area, this hotel, with an excellent franchise reputation, should be a hot spot for those visiting for MMA or Miss Missouri activities. Instead, it's a hotel I would warn everybody away from.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I just checked in today and I was surprised to find how nice this hotel really is! I had been told by another hotel NOT to come here that is a bad place. The lady was obviously lying because the rooms were GREAT! Not like the first hotel I stopped at, it smelled like Curry and A Litterbox! I asked the front desk and he informed me that the hotel was under NEW OWNERSHIP & MANAGEMENT. This was obvious to me with the room having a New bed, microwave & fridge. The Pool area was very clean and the hot tub was heaven! I believe Days Inn needs to take a lesson from this really nice hotel! We'll definitely be back and I am bringing my clients here as well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
London Mills, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The staff was nice- but the place was in serious need of cleaning. Piles of junk air conditioners laying under steps- doors supposedly requiring room key for security don't work- breakfast incredibly light- and the "pillow" on my bed felt like some used egg crate foam they stuffed in a pillow case. I would expect this sort of thing from a cheap bottom end place- but for what they charge- you should drive on down the road and do MUCH BETTER for your money!

Room Tip: My tip? Drive on to someplace else where for the same money you can do much better!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Johns Creek, GA
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This hotel is probably the best this town has to offer but still lacks in alot of places. The carpet is in dire need of replacing are the towels and comforters. The first room we were in had a broken A/C unit so we had to be moved. The second room had a new one in it so was a definite improvement. I think they are slowly renovating the hotel but alot more needs to be done. We come to Mexico every year to visit family and have always stayed at the Days Inn (or the Curry Inn as we like to call it). We wont ever stay there again so decided to stay here this year. It was a definite improvement but still not a top notch hotel by any stretch. The front desk guys were great though, very accomodating and helpful. We will probably stay here again next year but would love to see continued renovations!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a new A/C unit
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and I really enjoyed myself. The friendly team of Chris & Kris made my stay worthwhile. The pool wasnt open but they were in the process of updating everything. I had a brand new air conditioner (i know this because they installed it while i was there) and new microwaves and fridges. The friendly customer service and the accommodations made my stay worth the value.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Kingdom City

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!