“stay here everytime”
Review of Days Inn Monett

Days Inn Monett
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Monett
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I work for a company which entails quite a bit of travel. Over the past 5 years we always choose to stay here. Very pleasant staff whom always try to please. Nice rooms with great water pressure. Excellent location. Each night they go out of their way to come and ask how everything is and if we need anything. Not typical these days. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband is an over the road driver. since he was near our hometown but not able to come home, we though it would be a treat to meet at a hotel. He selected the one with easiest access for a big truck.

It looked a bit run-down. the grass was un-mowed, and there was a group of loud and drunk guys having a party in the parking lot. fortunately, I couldn't hear them in our room with the TV and A/C on.

the room was awful, I was overwhelmed with a terrible odor. there was old and decaying food mashed into the carpet, and a puddle of sour milk that had been there so long it had become hard like plastic.

I wanted to leave, but since he had paid for the room, I figured I would tough it out for a night. when he said he paid $80 for the room, I couldn't believe it. there is no way this is an $80 a night hotel room - maybe per week.

The sheets were gritty, like they haven't been washed in a VERY long time. the comforter had a funky body odor smell to it. when we checked out, we noticed the bullet holes.

The place was unpleasant, but I was willing to forget about it and laugh off a terrible night. but about 2 weeks after we stayed- YES, I said 2 weeks later! they added a surcharge to our credit card.

My husband has a small dog who lives in his truck. Big trucks have a device called an A.P.U. Unit that is essentially super climate control. even when the truck is turned off, the cab is always 70 degrees, no matter how hot or cold it is outside. It's nice for drivers. They don't waste fuel while they sleep.

This is relevant because they added pet fees to our bill almost 2 weeks later and without telling us. I had to discover it on my credit card statement this morning- it wasn't there yesterday.

If i was less diligent, they would have gotten away with it. makes me wonder if that is a common practice with them.

Luckily for us, we paid with a credit card, and not cash or debit, so I have recourse.

I noticed a lot of people on this board complaining about cable reception, but I didn't have any problems with that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Owners are very kind and conscientious. This hotel is very modest, but most acceptable. If you need a hardy breakfast, then you will want to go out to eat. Because rooms have always been satisfactory and, again, the owners so pleasant, I have stayed here three times in the past 1 1/2 years and will continue to do so when business takes me to Monett, MO.

I agree with someone who has written, "If you are staying in Monett, this is the place to stay".

Room Tip: Although you will pay a bit more, I like their business class rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Want to start off first by saying that I will definitely be staying at this hotel on my next work trip which I have already reserved. Was greeted by excellent customer service when I walked through the door. When I opened the door to my room I was very surprised on how nice and spacious the rooms were. Beds were very comfortable and liked the ample amount of pillows.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Monett? Share your experiences!