“Waste of time!”
Review of Sunrise Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Sunrise Family Restaurant
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

After a long day, we were traveling home to Joplin. Looking up online places that were open til 10, we found Ziggy's. Having good luck with the chains in Springfield, we decided to try it. Online they say that they are open til 10 Saturday nights. We arrived at 8:51, sign still says open. We get out and try to enter and the doors have been locked. No one turned off the sign or even bothered to speak to us. Horrible way to run a business. I can only imagine the type of service they have.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Variety of food fairly good prices. But not a cozy feeling. Restaurant outdated and you feel a little on the dirty side.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Have passed by many times on our way to Springfield. Had time to stop and I am glad we did. Meals for all four of us were served quickly, tasted great and they were each delicious. The customer service was good even though it was crowded. I will go back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

While on a day long trip to Siloam Springs, we stopped off next door to get cheap gas and we had been somewhat looking for a place to eat. As I have said before, I do prefer to eat at local establishments, and not at chains. We were pleasantly greeted at the door and asked if we would like a booth or table. We said a booth, and were seated next to the window. Only a few moments later our waitress was there with menus and taking our orders for drinks. It did take us a while to decide because the menu is quite large and diverse. I decided on the chicken fried chicken dinner and my friend the biscuits and gravy. Our service was fine despite our original waitress gettting called away to the other side of the restaraunt. Our food was decent enough.....my chicken could have been a bit less tough and the gravy for the biscuits was just a pepper gravy and had no sausage in it. The salad was fresh and I thought it was decent.
The prices were very good and they offer a senior discount on meals for those over 55.
I would go back if in the area again. .....and try the pie next time.
The bathroom facilities were a bit small in numbers that could be accommodated considering the number of seats available. ....but it was all clean.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

The place has advertised hours from 5:30 am to 10:00 pm on Sunday. Don't believe it.. I walked in at exactly 9:21 pm and sat down. The server came toward my table and in a voice that carried well over the other 6 tables with folks eating, told me they were closed and that I would have to leave. I said "I thought you were open till 10pm ..?" Server responded "well...we're closing early tonight.." Don't bother eating here. With service this poor, and no desire to honor their own published hours of operation, one can only assume that the unprofessional and discourteous attitude most likely extends past the dining room and into the kitchen.