“Not bad”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Grove
Saint Louis
“Not bad”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Ice machine didn't work, no refrigerator, no easily accessed outside trash cans. Otherwise ok for the $47 online rate. Was originally charged $67/night. Had to void my first check in and book using my phone for internet rate.
Shower temp varied while in use.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clendenin
Reviewed 25 July 2013

construction debris everywhere, guests sitting out in parking area drinking alcohol late at night making al kinds of noise.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Mountain Grove hotels

Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I would like everyone to know that this is actually a great place to stay. It is under renovation and new management therefore expect some short comings. However, the owner is a wonderful family man and very down to Earth. The breakfast is better than some of the pricier places we've stayed over the years. Overall, it serves it's purpose. For all those spoiled people, get over it. Sonny has and is doing a great job for us travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Holt, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed at this motel a lot of times over the pasted 19 years, it was a Best Western at that time. When we go to Mountain Grove we all have about 12 room’s rented for over 2 to 3 days, for a family reunion, but this time we were there for a funeral.
The Motel changed hands, now it isn’t the same, to start with when we got there they would not give me the room that I was to get because I paid cash and not with my credit card. The room that I had smelled like sewer gas, three of the 10 rooms smelled this way. The smoke detector didn’t have batteries. The bathtub was dirty and stain bad. When we pulled back the blanket on the bed it has a few big holes in it. The sheets was stained. One of the rooms didn’t have the remote for the TV, the curtain would not close, and the clock and the phone didn’t work also. We also asked if we could have the motel for about an hour longer for we could change clothes after the funeral it was at 10:00 and check out is 11:00, it would have been about 1 hour difference.
My family will never stay here again!
The pictures of the rooms are old.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
SUUNY P, Manager at Royal Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I am sorry for your loss and that you didn't enjoy your stay with us on this trip.
I want everyone else to know that we are in the process of completely remodeling our motel. We have all new carpet, linens, curtains, new LCD 32" flat screen tv's (some of our rooms have 46" flat screen tv's!). We are still working on our motel. We are maybe 80% done with all our rooms. We expect to be completely done by the first week in August.
We serve a hot breakfast every morning.
If you are planning a trip to Mtn. Grove, feel free to stop by and ask to see a room. We will gladly show you one and you can judge for yourself whether you want to stay with us. I am confident that you will choose to stay! Thank you.
Axtell
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hotel is excellent for the price. You get breakfast too. Great location, easy access on and off the highway. Hotel staff was awesome. Room was spacious and clean. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Royal Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!