“Nice quiet room”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nevada
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Nevada
“Nice quiet room”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had a room on the second floor facing the highway, didn't hear much road noise. Was clean and comfortable, actually quite a large room. Staff was very friendly as well. Loved the cookies and free breakfast.
Would recommend for others and would go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business purposes. I am guessing this is the nicest hotel in the town, although I didn't stay in any others, but just my guess. Prices are reasonable and the hotel is conveniently located within walking or driving distance of restaurants. The downtown Nevada square is a quick drive.

The hotel is clean, has had some fairly recent renovations, and the staff is friendly. I had a king suite and it was bigger than most hotel rooms I normally stay at (I usually stay at Hilton properties, typically Hampton Inns).

The breakfast was sufficient, the workout room was sufficient, the pool and hot tub looked nice (I didn't use).

I had no problems staying here, my room smelled a little stale when I walked in but that wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
dannsutton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nevada, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Nevada, and hope to see you again.
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have to say first and foremost I am a spoiled Hilton Property Diamond member and get really bent out of shape when I have to stay some where else. There are no Hilton Properties in Nevada and I had to work in town for a week. May I first say I was so happy this hotel was right across from the dealership I was working with. Next I checked in at 9 at night and the front desk clerk was so nice and polite. I had a small issue with a bottle of water but non the less its the only problem I may have had and its trival. So the room was huge, clean, neat and new. Breakfast was super with glass plates and cups and silverware. I can not say enough good about this hotel. I have read some of the reviews and I found ok food to eat near by, nothing fabulous and high priced but ok food. I travel like 20 weeks a year and had no problem in this town with food or stores and anything. Nice town and very nice people. I would stay here again in a minute. I think this hotel was nicer than a lot of Hampton Inns I have stayed at.

Room Tip: I had a front room facing the road and heard nothing, room was awesome.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank zeke0323
Sin City, Nevada
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Probably the beat place to stay in the area.
Prices are reasonable, rooms are big and the wifi is great.

I prefer more firm beds, but they are comfortable, and all the rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave.

The breakfast was great all 3 days we stayed here.. Fresh, good choices and something a little different every day.

Recommended

Stayed January 2014
Illinois
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The wife and I stayed here out of necessity due to some very nasty weather. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this hotel in Nevada since this is a pretty small town. I have stayed at a number of CI&S over the years, but not in the last 3. I really like this brand of hotel but found this property to be in very average condition. I don't think the room we were in had a any serious updates in quite a while. The bed was comfortable and had a good selection of pillows..it was clean. I suspect that if I had to stay in Nevada again, I would probably stay here. Good selection of cable channels (5 different HBO channels?)..decent breakfast. The price for the room was slightly below what I expected to pay, but comparable to a other major brands like a Fairfield Inn. The clerk at the desk was very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We chose this Country Inn as our stop on our trip from Galveston to St. Paul. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
The room was well kept and the beds were remarkably comfortable! They were the nicest beds I've slept in at a hotel of $$-$$$ rating. The breakfast was hot, real food-eggs, bacon, oatmeal, waffles, biscuits, sausage gravy. This hotel is worth your money.

• Stayed December 2013
Heather M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nevada, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to respond to our guest survey. We are estatic to hear you had a comfortable stay while in Nevada. On behalf of my entire team we would like to extend our gratitude for your business and can't wait to see you next time your travels bring you back to Nevada, Mo.
Lampasas
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were trying to outdistance a winter storm which had been following us from Texas, and happened upon this hotel. Decided to stay based on tripadvisor reviews, and were pleasantly surprised. Quiet, homey, and possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept on in years. At first, I was not excited by what appeared to be a pretty standard "free hotel breakfast", but they took the same old items and somehow made them actually edible! Someone obviously spent some time in preparation.

This was only one night of an 8 night trip, but it is the one place I would like to re-visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nevada
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nevada
#2 of 7 in Fort Scott
Oak Tree Inn Fort Scott
Oak Tree Inn Fort Scott
#3 of 7 in Fort Scott

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nevada? Share your experiences!