“dark 'n dingy”
Review of Maggie's Cafe - CLOSED

Maggie's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Maggie's is no longer Maggie's. It's now Dad's but nothing else has changed. The place could definitely benefit from a "Restaraunt Impossible" makeover as it is dingy and not too clean with unappealing nd mismatched decore and a somewhat casual waitstaff. The surprise is that the food isn't too bad. The smoking and non-smoking sections are seperated by a 3 foot wall but the smoke didn't get the memo.

1  Thank Joe G

Reviewed 10 November 2012

You must visit it to have a nice BBQ. It was recommended to me by America's Best Value Inn's (which is couple of minutes away from there) staff. Good place to stay (hotel is near along with good diner like this one)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I grew up 2 miles from this truck stop and it really is an instution. I love their food, even with new owners it is simply the best. Can't beat it.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I ate their pork tenderloin sandwich...Wow Huge for the price! more than enough to fill the stomach! Excellent !

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I had heard good things about Maggie's so we thought we'd give it a try for supper while we were in New Florence traveling. It was pretty good. I had a 3 cheese and mushroom omelet. I'd had better omelets...when I heard it was home cooking I thought the mushrooms would be fresh, but they were canned. It wasn't bad...just not as good as I expected. The omelet came with hasbrowns and toast. My Dad had a huge tenderloin that he loved. I'll put a picture of it on here. He said it was really good. My mom had a hot beef sandwich. She was a little disapointed. She said the mashed potatoes seemed fake and the gravy was pretty bland. My Great Aunt had a breakfast with 2 eggs, toast, and hashbrowns. She said she really liked hers.

Dessert...mom and I got pie. I got chocolate and she had coconut. The marange was piled higher than I've ever seen before. Again I'll add a picture!! It was the best part about the meal for me.

The prices were average and it had a truck stop type atmposphere. Nothing fancy, but it was clean. There is a salad bar option, but we didn't have it.

Overall...Maggie's was okay, but it wasn't the home cooked food I expected from reading other reviews on other websites. 1/2 of us really liked our food the other 1/2 was just okay with our food. Not bad...not great...I think it just all depends on what you order.