and 1 more site!
America’s Best Inns & Suites New Florence
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New Florence
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Black mold in the corners, somebody's pills from whenever they stay there before on the floor, dirty sheets, dirty towels, dirty floor, dirty counters,.....made me wonder if they ever cleaned this place. I reserved what I believed was an upgraded room with a Jacuzzi hot tub, and two king size beds. There was one king size bed and a futon. The hot tub was a sick looking bathtub. My family and I slept on top of the comforters because we were afraid of what may be under them. The railing on the stairs to the second floor was dangerously loose.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The owners are extremely nice and accommodating. They allowed us to bring our dog and were very understanding. Great value with great service! Best service I have had in a long time! Highly recommend for anyone traveling or visiting Hermann, MO.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Avmorgan87
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I tried to cancel my reservation for a wedding over 24 hours in advance and the Owner told me he would call me back in a few hours. Well he never called back, so I called him again and he said he would charge me 25 dollars to be "fair" when I told him that I was not told about any cancelation fee when I made the arrangements he said he couldn't tell everybody, and that he was being fair and threatened to charge me full price. He raised his voice and got very angry. I asked him not to speak to me this way and he said I was taking advantage because he is a small business owner and I would never argue over a plane reservation with a big company. I feel that I am the one being taken advantage of, and I fully plan to dispute the charges once they appear on my credit card. I could not find anything on the website as far as a cancellation policy, however I didn't make my plans that way either. I think he is struggling and therefore taking advantage of people.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank S W
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Sort of a scam. They call themselves America's Best Inn & Suites next door to America's Best Value Inn & Suites. They are very concerned about you not going to their competition to the extent that they will give you detailed instructions to their location...I mean detailed. The place looks like an independant hotel taking advantage of their competition's reputation. Ok, the walls are thin, extension cords, from the bathroom for coffee maker and fridge. Hooping and hollering at 1:30am and pricey for what you get. On the plus...next to a gas station. Good toilet paper.

Room Tip: Make sure you're getting the hotel you want
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Spyder585
Reviewed 24 June 2010

In the past my wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times while we were down in Hermann, MO. It's not the fanciest or cleanest hotel in the world but it was cheap and it's right on the highway so it was convenient. We even recommended it to our friends when we got married in Hermann two weeks ago. However, we will never be staying there again because their online reservation system screwed us over and they were unwilling to reverse the charges.

We booked several rooms for two nights for our wedding photographer and our DJ. My wife made the reservations and received confirmation emails for each one. Later, she was going to make a reservation for our videographer for one day and mistakenly entered two days; she immediately canceled that reservation and received a cancellation notice. However, somehow in all of that their system created an extra reservation for which we never received any kind of confirmation email so we did not know about it.

Later when we were reviewing our charges we noticed our hotel bill was too high. When I called the manager I explained the situation to him and he was unwilling to budge. So we got billed for an extra room that we never knew existed and that we did not use. It's unfortunate because the hotel is convenient and we have sent a lot of business their way through referrals to our friends. However, we won't be staying there again and will instead use the brand new Days Inn that is at the same exit.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank icurschwartz
Reviewed 5 July 2009

We saw the sign from the road and were getting tired. We were checked-in in no time. The rooms are clean and so are the bathrooms. The breakfast room is great and even has a huge widescreen TV where we are currently watching Federer vs Roddick while surfing the web :o)

Summary: Awesome little place..!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2009

This hotel is outdated and dirty. Turning the polyester bedspread back revealed old pilled thin sheets and mattresses side that were brown stained and dingy. The bathtub was rust stained and the drain contained mildew. It was difficult to see out the window due to a film of grime. We reserved 2 rooms and the 2nd room wasn't any better. All of us slept in our clothes! One good thing was that the owner was very nice and let us cancel the 2nd night of our reservation minus $15 per room. When I had initaily booked the rooms over the phone prior to arrival he had assured me that the rooms were very modern and clean. Therefore, we did not complain to him face to face as obviously his standards are much below normal.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Americas Best Value Inn / Warrenton
Motel 6 Kingdom City
Motel 6 Kingdom City
#2 of 6 in Kingdom City

Been to America’s Best Inns & Suites New Florence? Share your experiences!