“Poorly Managed”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Florence
Prescott, Iowa
“Poorly Managed”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Arrived on the evening of the 5th of November and was assigned a room with 2 queen beds etc.When the bed cover of the further most bed was pulled down we found the bed to be soaked with what we assumed was water. It took several minutes for the front desk receptionist to determine what to do. Finally after some time passed and a consult with someone else we got another room and we settled in for the night only to hear kids bgumping the walls next door to us and also running and screaming in the halls. There will never be another occassion fo us to use Americas (worst) Value Inn again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kelsey C, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn New Florence, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we cannot apologize enough for the problems you encountered during your visit. We have since had a meeting with our staff and will ensure these instances will not happen again in the future. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and we hope that we will get the opportunity to show you what kind of property we really are.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Georgetown
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were in the Hermann, MO area for a memorial service for a dear friend. Our preference was to stay in Hermann but there were no rooms for the first night of our two night stay. We opted for a motel 15 miles away at our interstate exit. Most TA reviews were not good for any of the choices but this was the best reviewed. We took the risk. As we drove into the parking lot things looked better than expected. The lobby, too, was a plus. I had reserved two king, non-smoking rooms. The clerk had me down for one but checked my reservation print out and assigned us a second room. Both rooms were clean and quiet but one had two queen beds & the other was a smoking room. We made do without a fuss. The breakfast was minimal but there is a McDonalds a short walk across the parking lot. The other remarkable thing about our stay was a tethered & penned large dog outside our window in back of the motel. I was told that he belonged to a woman who worked at the motel. He is/was a gentle giant who is not getting his desired share of people time. I cannot get his gentle, loving, playful soul out of my mind. If you stay here please give him some care & attention.

Room Tip: Back side of motel is quiet. Windows open for fresh air.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my daughter. I didn't find anything dirty about this hotel as stated in the previous review. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom spotless. The breakfast area was nice and clean with a good selection. My only complaint would be the sheets were a little thin for my taste. I would stay again if I am ever in that location. The front desk people were friendly and more than willing to accommodate you with whatever you needed. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. We had searched for a hotel for 2 1/2 hours it was 1 am in the morning, and this was the only hotel we could find with a room for four people. This is the ONLY reason we stayed here. They only had smoking rooms available, as noted on the front door, so I can't really complain about how horrid smelling the rooms were because we knew what we were in for. We did put dryer sheets in the air conditioning vents which helped some. The carpet was so horrible I did not take off my shoes. There were food stains, FOOD STAINS and additional marks all over the walls of the room. Gross! Several dead bugs were in the bathroom floor. Gross! And for the topping to the cake we have the stained comforter. EWWW! The only thing this hotel has going for them is the nice lady at the front desk.
RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank B J
Kelsey C, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn New Florence, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, as your comments are very much valued. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit and I assure you these matters have been looked into and addressed. We continuously strive to offer our guests not only great service but a comfortable and affordable stay during their time in New Florence, Missouri and I'm sorry we fell short. Thank you again for your review and we hope you give us an opportunity in the future to earn your business.

Travellers are raving about these New Florence hotels

Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This hotel is no longer a Super8 would of saved us time trying to find if had told us ahead. Suite has a refrid and microwave. A plug in fireplace, and a jet whirlpool tub seperate from bathroom. Has a living room area with couch and TV and then table chairs by refrid and microwave. Staff were friendly. Check out is at 11AM however TV's won't work after 10AM for some reason.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank janicecon
Kansas
Reviewed 14 January 2008

A group of my friends and I ,went for the Nov. wine tour in Hermann. We booked this hotel due to not being able to locate any other in town. We were very pleased with the cleaniness of the hotel. You could see and tell that they cleaned. The staff was very helpful.We will go again. It's not the Hilton but it is a nice clean, safe, friendly and helpful environment. They have a great coffee bar.

• Liked — Clean and you feel safe
  • Disliked — A longer breakfast period for late sleepers.
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NCSouthernLady
Americas Best Value Inn / Warrenton
Motel 70
Motel 70
#1 of 1 in High Hill

Been to Americas Best Value Inn New Florence? Share your experiences!