“Recent Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Franklin
Rivercene Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 New Franklin B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Recent Stay”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Last weekend was the 2nd time my husband and I stayed and it certainly won't be the last! The place is charming with fascinating history and antiques. The rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated, as is the rest of the house. The breakfast each stay was beyond all expectations both in presentation and in taste. Absolutely exquisite! The best part of our stay...the owners Joe and Don. Wonderful hosts! So accommodating and made us feel right at home. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own unique decor. Stayed in 2 different rooms so far and not disappointed!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Actually I stayed there with my husband in June 2009, but I would like now to make a review anyway. It was a very interesting experience. It's great for a romantic trip. There are different decorated rooms and the breakfast is very good. It also very amusing to hear the histories of ghosts there. The housekeeper Nancy was very kind and used to bake very good cherry pies. The only thing that disturbed me a little bit was the huge amount of frogs outside the house, specially around the entrance and even hanging from the front door. But it was funny in the end because my husband always carried me in in the evenings. I guess it's normal to find frogs there considering that Rivercene is very close to Missouri river.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aline R
Rochester HIlls, MI
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My friend. Rook, and I stayed at the Rivercene while riding the Katy Trail .. end of June, 2012. I love the architecture, the authenticity of the decor inside, and, of course, Donn, Joe, and Lisa! We stayed on the 3rd floor in the suite, and loved the space and the jetted tub. After dinner in Boonville, we purchased a nice bottle of wine at the little winery in town, and enjoyed the tub. Donn and Joe helped us with our water needs (we bicycled through the 2012 heat wave and it was over 105 most days of our ride!). And the breakfast was spectacular. Joe prepared a wonderful gluten-free apple pastry for me, and a separate wheat-based pastry for Rook. I would return in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: I really liked staying in the "Adam and Andrew" suite and would probably choose to stay in...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ginniss
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I made reservations for Rivercene on Thursday night. In was slightly apprehensive at first due to a lack of other guests but soon realized Rivercene has changed hands and is a recovering b & b. The room was wonderful and Don and Joe were incredible hosts. We went to Emmit's Kitchen and Tap in the neighboring town of Fayette. The food was exquisite. We had a wonderful time on the tour of this house. Don has his heart and soul in this place and you can tell. his knowledge is very extensive. I highly suggest you stay here. You wont regret or forget the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel K
Wentzville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at the Rivercene B&B for our wedding anniversary, and had a wonderful time. The owner's could not have been nicer, they did everything they could to ensure we had a wonderful stay. I felt so pampered I hated to leave :0)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha V
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I took my daughter to Rivercene last weekend, and enjoyed it so much, I brought my husband the second weekend! Rivercene is a work in progress, and the new owners (Since Jan 2011) have undertaken the immense restoration of this beautiful Italianate victorian mansion. Along with your bed and breakfast, expect to be treated to a wonderful tour of the home, and learn of the famed Capt. Kinney, steamboat captain during the civil war, who built the home. Learn and see the secret passages the Kinney family built into the house, in case they needed to escape. See copies of the journals the family kept during the war and get a glimpse of life in the 1860's. Rivercene is the largest, oldest private residence in the state of Missouri, and Donn and Joe are meticulously restoring it to it's original grandeur.
The breakfast was wonderful, with a huge bowl of fresh berries, homemade cinnamon rolls, and breakfast casserole. And, for those who prefer more privacy, there is a second back dining room, where you can be served breakfast. Because this home was built on the Missouri River (across the river from Boonville), remember to turn immediately after the bridge. It's a bit confusing, as you have to pass by some grain elevators to get to the home. Don't let that deter you, however. Rivercene is an elegant and enchanting B and B experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stairs to third floor are steep.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Teresa A
Missouri
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Excellent accommodations. The owners are well-versed in the fascinating history of the home. We found plenty to do in the area

• Stayed November 2011
Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#1 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Rivercene Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!