“Great as always ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Minety
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open every day for Lunch and Dinner with Bar Snacks and a large menu choice from mainly locally sourced fresh produce. Children and well behaved Dogs are Welcome.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Last night I came to the vale and I have not been in a while I decided to have a steak and it was just right could not of asked for any better and the ale I had with it was a perfect combination it complimented the steak perfectly.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Called in for lunch and it was very good. A lovely summers day sat out in the sun drinking cold cider and tucking into a superb home made burger, very very tasty. I almost forgot to mention the location is stunning, sat on a terrace overlooking a pond. Perfect

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We came across this pub by chance about a year ago and managed to find it again this week whilst in the area.

The food is excellent and piping hot. We shared two portions of garlic bread as a starter, which was plenty for the four of us. Myself and my husband had fish and chips for our main and it was superb, especially the chunky chips. Our two teenage children both had the larger portion of cottage pie, which they both really enjoyed. None of us had room for a pudding!

The added bonus of this pub is that they have games for you to play whilst dining such as scrabble and dominos.

It has a really nice atmosphere too, I would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

When we arrived for lunch on a damp & dreary day, we all loved the sight of the roaring log fires.
That got us off to a good start, then the friendliness of the staff and the excellent menu ensured that we all had a great time. For those who have food concerns, the menu has not only vegetarian options but also Celiac ones too. I haven't seen many menu's like that.
Thanks to the team for a lovely lunch and to Jimmy for keeping us entertained with his local history knowledge.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Pure luck to find this pub and hotel - only down side was had to climb many stairs to bar etc on first floor but it was worth it cos could sit out on the balcony and listen to the sheep and watch the ducks on the lake - lovely. Good idea to have small or standard size meals - great for older people and those with small appetites. Not a huge choice but best chips ever. I only had a cheese, tomato and red onion baguette but delicious. Didn't know it was going to come toasted but made it so much nicer .But £11 for a normal plate of scampi and chips is a bit much!!. Worth a visit though