“OK +”

La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good mattress, comfortable sleep, good internet connection. Room clean.
Couple things....no hot food like eggs or sausage for breakfast but can manage without it.
Hotel hallway and rooms are a bit worn. Has smoking rooms and the smell is slightly detectable walking in the corridors. Staff friendly and top notch. The electronic lock kept me out of my room for over an hour until they finally got in and fixed the lock...without asking they credited me the day.
I would stay here again. Hotel does need a bit of an update. Would definitely help to make the hotel all non smoking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here overnight while passing through KC. Checkin had a problem in that the attendant had left so we waited about 5 minutes for her to return. We had a reservation so the checkin went quickly after she returned. The room was good sized, the beds comfortable - we had a king bed - and bathroom adequate. One thing I did miss was the curved shower curtain rod which is quite nice giving one more room in the shower. WiFi was the typical slow but the signal was good in our room. The TV was a flat panel with a limited choice of extra channels available. The breakfast room is smaller with the usual cold breakfast items. Hotel is next to I-35 with and easy on/off. If roadway noise is bothersome ask for a room on the other side. Checkout went smoothly and the attendant was present.

Room Tip: next to I-35 so get a room away from freeway
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staff not friendly. At check-in, the clerk did not greet us, made us wait, was slow in checking us in. Facilities not well maintained. Deadbolt to room was broken. Faucet was loose. Breakfast was not up to the LaQuinta quality. To top it off, the room charge was about $30 more than what we usually pay at a good quality LaQuinta. Would definitely not recommend.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We picked this La Quinta for its location. Never again. We heard every noise in the building. The ice machine is in the hall and people got ice all night long. The heavy footsteps from the floor above were loud and went on day and night. You could hear every door slam shut. The room was dingy and needed a good cleaning. Beds were comfortable and clean. Stains on the chair and carpet. We had 2 rooms and one didn't have hot water. Clearly not owned by the corporation. The employees were nice and friendly. The breakfast was adequate with no frills.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Executive suite that smelled of pet urine, room across from vending area so hallway traffic was high and loud all night. Parking space at the back of hotel had broken glass everywhere indicating car break ins. I stayed one night and moved to another motel.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the LaQuinta Kansas City North. However, I have been waiting for a survey for my stay at the LaQuinta in Blue Springs, Missouri where I stayed on my return trip from my destination in Colorado for which I have several complaints. Several times before while staying at the Blue Springs location I have told them about cleanliness concerns and they have done nothing to correct them. For instance, the floor was so dirty that when I took my shower, the dirt on the bottom of my feet darkened the water noticeably. Another concern is even though I told them of the need to include an additional $1.00 fee in their rate quote which they charge me on my departure. This has been going on for several years so they should have time to get it included in any rate quotes online or by toll free reservations. Finally, I parked my car in front of the hotel in an area that had no markings prohibiting parking. Yet, the next morning I was called and asked to move my car because it was in a fire lane. If this is a fire lane, it should be clearly marked. I shouldn't have been told that I should have realized this. Laws vary from one locality to another.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am a fan of La Qunita's.I always like their prices,breakfast and are always well located in good neighborhoods.But must say this one has disappointed me.I am presuming this would be a franchise owned property and not corporate.So if the owners are listing let me tell them all is not lost here.The property is in a excellent locale,room and bathroom sizes are good,I would even rate the breakfast as not bad,but like my title says this Hotel needs serious Housekeeping.We found hairs in the room and bathroom.some used towels in the lobby.The lift really needs some cleaning.The property need TLC urgently.So to my fellow travelers I would say keep a eye on the newer reviews if the management changes the housekeeping staff and does some TLC this property is well located and wouldn't be bad for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#46 of 109 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!