“Horrible !!!!!”

La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
Springfield, Missouri
“Horrible !!!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at !! I bought a pizza and wanted to heat it up ! I was informed to hand it to the desk clerk,who was on the phone !! Nobody is handling my food except for the person who cooked it and me !! Can't imagine what breakfast is ??

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Location was good. Not a horrible area. Didn't have much interaction with staff. Stayed with 2 other girls for girls weekend. We felt safe even though there were a few shady people around the hotel. Only thing within walking distance restaurant wise is Denny's.

• Stayed April 2014
ca
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel frequently and have stayed in all types of hotels so I'm usually calm and cool when things happen. As long as they fix it or move me I'm good. This particular experience left me wondering if I would ever stay in a LaQuinta again.

We stayed in room 101, 2 beds w/ a sleeper sofa. This is an older hotel but you could tell they try and keep it clean and up to par with 2 star hotels. We checked in about 1PM. Upon entering our room we get a big whiff of animal pee. YUCK!! I head down to guest services to let them know our room stinks. They check and try and move us but there aren't any more rooms with 3 beds. They are sold out. He suggests they spray enzymes (strong air freshner) to get rid of the animal pee smell. A few minutes later housekeeping manager and worker arrive to spray the enzymes. We thought they were going to saturate the carpet with the enzyme spray. Nope just a few squirts here and there and they say this should take care of it. We were all tired after having an early flight in to KC that morning so we wanted to rest.

I little while later - Do you hear that? Is that a dog? Yeah that's what it sounds like. I go into the hallway to investigate. Yep it's a dog barking in 102 across the hallway from us. I bang on the door. No one is in there just the dog. I take a 2nd trip to guest relations. It must have been a shift change a new lady is at the front desk. I tell her there's a dog barking across the hallway in room 102. She calls the room, no answer so she leaves a message. They can't enter the room to get the dog so we have to wait until the occupants return. Are you kidding me? We're trying to rest and this dog is barking up a storm. So since resting, napping and breathing fresh air is out we decide to walk to Denny's to grab a bite to eat. We return and the dog is still barking. LOL!! We clean up and head out for the evening. When we return that night I ask the front desk lady if the dog owner returned. She said yes. I asked her if they kicked them out. LOL! She said no.

Next morning, sshhh it's quiet. No dog barking. Our room still stinks so 3rd trip to front desk. I explain the situation and the lady suggest shampooing the carpet. I said great. We were leaving for the day. This pretty much took care of the smell.

I don't know if I'll be staying in a La Quinta any time soon. Lesson learned check website for pet friendly hotel. Request a NO PET room. Hotels if you're going to allow pets to stay in your hotel please have a deep cleaning to that room afterwards.

Room Tip: Pet friendly hotel and they do not clean room after pet visit
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tip70ton
Nevada City, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A disgusting hotel. I stayed on the third floor and it smelled of a mixture of stale beer and grease. The room was nasty. Fixtures had bare bulbs, there were a couple of drops of something on the toilet seat, and the door didn't seal so every little noise from the hallway was broadcast into the room. This was my first bad experience with La Quinta. I stay with them often because of their pet policy. This particular location is far below what I have come to expect.

Room Tip: Try Econolodge next door if you can because I don't know how it could be worse than this place.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good mattress, comfortable sleep, good internet connection. Room clean.
Couple things....no hot food like eggs or sausage for breakfast but can manage without it.
Hotel hallway and rooms are a bit worn. Has smoking rooms and the smell is slightly detectable walking in the corridors. Staff friendly and top notch. The electronic lock kept me out of my room for over an hour until they finally got in and fixed the lock...without asking they credited me the day.
I would stay here again. Hotel does need a bit of an update. Would definitely help to make the hotel all non smoking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Antonio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here overnight while passing through KC. Checkin had a problem in that the attendant had left so we waited about 5 minutes for her to return. We had a reservation so the checkin went quickly after she returned. The room was good sized, the beds comfortable - we had a king bed - and bathroom adequate. One thing I did miss was the curved shower curtain rod which is quite nice giving one more room in the shower. WiFi was the typical slow but the signal was good in our room. The TV was a flat panel with a limited choice of extra channels available. The breakfast room is smaller with the usual cold breakfast items. Hotel is next to I-35 with and easy on/off. If roadway noise is bothersome ask for a room on the other side. Checkout went smoothly and the attendant was present.

Room Tip: next to I-35 so get a room away from freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#50 of 108 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!