“Confusion Abounds”

La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we were given the key to our room. Gathered up all our stuff, kids, cats, etc. and unlock the door to find a room that had not been cleaned. Beds unmade, towels all over. After going down to the lobby, I was informed that we would have to go to a different hotel. I hotel where we would have to pay a nonrefundable pet fee because there were NO rooms left. After going back upstairs and bringing all of our stuff down and waiting in the lobby, a king suite was suddenly and amazingly found for us. That room was great, no issues--except that it took over an hour to actually have a room. Upon checking out, however, the manager on duty informed me that we were given someone else's room with hopes that they wouldn't arrive...and if they did they would be given our non-cleaned room (after hopefully some cleaning took place). Was planning to stay here again on our trip home, definitely will not.

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Kansas City North

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I showed up late, 11pm, to check in from a really long day on the road with our 9 month old and 4 year old.They did not have a the room ready and we had to wait an additional 15 minutes while they had someone clean it. I am puzzled why our room was not ready by 11pm. When we got to the room it was not what we booked online, a king size bed with a sofa pull out. It was two double beds. The room reeked of smoke/stale air and had cigarette burns on the carpet.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This place needs an overhaul. Although an Elite member I did not receive anything when arriving. Lots of people loitering around the lobby and outside. Area to walk pets is very dark at night. Hotel itself is run down. Dirty hallways and scuffs all over walls, electrical panel on 3rd floor held up with duct tape. Room was not much better, bathroom door missing shower hook, scuff marks on walls etc. On the morning we left there was no hot water to shower with. Then find out the elevator is broken and we are on the third floor. So we stayed in a run down hotel with no hot water and no elevator with little security that doesn't acknowledge Elite members. I did tell the front desk about the hot water upon leaving and all they said was they would note it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George W
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at !! I bought a pizza and wanted to heat it up ! I was informed to hand it to the desk clerk,who was on the phone !! Nobody is handling my food except for the person who cooked it and me !! Can't imagine what breakfast is ??

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Location was good. Not a horrible area. Didn't have much interaction with staff. Stayed with 2 other girls for girls weekend. We felt safe even though there were a few shady people around the hotel. Only thing within walking distance restaurant wise is Denny's.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel frequently and have stayed in all types of hotels so I'm usually calm and cool when things happen. As long as they fix it or move me I'm good. This particular experience left me wondering if I would ever stay in a LaQuinta again.

We stayed in room 101, 2 beds w/ a sleeper sofa. This is an older hotel but you could tell they try and keep it clean and up to par with 2 star hotels. We checked in about 1PM. Upon entering our room we get a big whiff of animal pee. YUCK!! I head down to guest services to let them know our room stinks. They check and try and move us but there aren't any more rooms with 3 beds. They are sold out. He suggests they spray enzymes (strong air freshner) to get rid of the animal pee smell. A few minutes later housekeeping manager and worker arrive to spray the enzymes. We thought they were going to saturate the carpet with the enzyme spray. Nope just a few squirts here and there and they say this should take care of it. We were all tired after having an early flight in to KC that morning so we wanted to rest.

I little while later - Do you hear that? Is that a dog? Yeah that's what it sounds like. I go into the hallway to investigate. Yep it's a dog barking in 102 across the hallway from us. I bang on the door. No one is in there just the dog. I take a 2nd trip to guest relations. It must have been a shift change a new lady is at the front desk. I tell her there's a dog barking across the hallway in room 102. She calls the room, no answer so she leaves a message. They can't enter the room to get the dog so we have to wait until the occupants return. Are you kidding me? We're trying to rest and this dog is barking up a storm. So since resting, napping and breathing fresh air is out we decide to walk to Denny's to grab a bite to eat. We return and the dog is still barking. LOL!! We clean up and head out for the evening. When we return that night I ask the front desk lady if the dog owner returned. She said yes. I asked her if they kicked them out. LOL! She said no.

Next morning, sshhh it's quiet. No dog barking. Our room still stinks so 3rd trip to front desk. I explain the situation and the lady suggest shampooing the carpet. I said great. We were leaving for the day. This pretty much took care of the smell.

I don't know if I'll be staying in a La Quinta any time soon. Lesson learned check website for pet friendly hotel. Request a NO PET room. Hotels if you're going to allow pets to stay in your hotel please have a deep cleaning to that room afterwards.

Room Tip: Pet friendly hotel and they do not clean room after pet visit
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

#45 of 109 in Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
#75 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!