“Non-Smokers Don't Stay Here - Health Hazard”

La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Smoking rooms are so bad that we threw away a pillow that we used for 1 night in these rooms. My kid called home crying that he couldn't breathe in the smoking room. No other rooms were available. The Hotel Front Desk Employee in the morning apologized when she saw what room we stayed in. I called to talk to a manager, who was never available to speak with me....the acting supervisor said " I just need to get approval and we will credit back your stay through priceline." She called me back later to say there would be no discount and they didn't mind me leaving feedback explaining what happened. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room or stay at a different hotel. The front desk personnel admit that they walk...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The room was clean but needs an update. An item was left accidentally in the room. Called while still in town to retrieve it and was told to call back the next day because they didn't have access to the laundry. Called today and they said to call back tomorrow because they were unable to find it in all the laundry. Could have picked it up while in town, now looking at a 20.00 fedex fee, if the item is found?! Would have been more happy about the room if staff was more helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked two rooms for our family of 7 and found that this is definitely a "lower end" La Quinta. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, but overall the hotel was in disrepair. There was peeling wallpaper in the rooms and hallways, chipped walls in the elevator, poor paint job in the room, very old carpet and everything seemed like it hadn't been updated for many years. The free breakfast was good, but a very small selection.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FMJulie
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family stayed at this LaQuinta on our way to another destination. We arrived in the later evening. Smooth check in with very friendly staff. Our room was very clean, odor free with comfortable bedding. When we checked out there were also no issues at all. They do serve a very continental breakfast, which we did not partake since there was a Denny's across the parking lot. Upon checking out we noticed a family with their dog. I inquired about being pet friendly, which they are. We saw no indication of pets during our stay (no noise, smell or messes), which says a lot to me. We did not have time to check if there were other amenities, ie pool, wifi or gym area. This was a nice place for our overnight stay and very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place was great for the price and close to the Casino, not to far from the action of Kansas City MO. Arrived at night, felt safe and with area where I also Parked was good Breakfast was the Average for cold cereal and milk. a few stains in the carpet as we walked down halls to our rooms but nothing gross. Elevator broke and had to carry bags down flights of stairs but what can you do?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After reading all the terrible reviews, I was almost afraid to stay at this hotel. With a huge convention in town and most hotels full, I had little choice for a place to stay. The La Quinta still had rooms, so I went ahead and booked it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was very nice and the rooms were just fine. It's a typical La Quinta, so don't expect an upscale place. I didn't find any bugs, dirt, or smells like other reviewers mentioned. The king bed was very comfortable, which is most important to me. The room had a refrigerator and microwave and I always like a room with a refrigerator. There were room darkening curtains. The AC cooled very well and was fairly quiet when running. I liked the noon checkout time rather than some hotels that have an 11 a.m. checkout. My only complaint was that the ice machine was in the hallway near my room. I was woken up at 7:30 a.m. when people were using it. Also, they do have 3 smoking rooms and they told me if you are the last to check in, you might end up with one of these rooms. I didn't like that I couldn't be guaranteed a non-smoking rooms. Even so, I would not hesitate to stay here again. Just get there by 6 p,m. and you should be OK. .

Room Tip: Get there early to avoid a non-smoking room. Also, ask for one that is not near the ice machine, if...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RuthB247
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Noticed a peculiar odor in the lobby but it was pleasant compared to the horrific smell in the hallway. On the way to the room we noticed something resembling vomit trailing down the hall, in the carpet. It was dried and had clearly been there a while! The nightstand was broken and had pieces laying in the floor. Requested another room on another floor and was told there weren't any. All of that seems trivial compared to the red blood stain found on the sheets and the bed bug we saw crawling across one of the pillows. This hotel is disgusting and should be shut down! Can't believe LaQuinta allows something this grotesque to be affiliated with them and to ruin their image!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
Ramada Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
#76 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!