“Blackjack dealers can't count”

Harrah's North Kansas City Casino
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our first blackjack dealer was slow and seemed to struggle with doing the math on the cards. Just a few hands in, he took a break. We were looking forward to a new dealer.

The next guy was much worse! He literally tapped the table to count his fingers to add the cards, and TWICE he tried to pay me when I had losing hands. I corrected him the first time, and he still left my chip out there. I had to tell him three times I had lost before he finally realized he needed to take my chip. The second time, he was so confused, he couldn't add anyone's cards. He again tried to pay me for a losing hand. Yes, I fear Karma (and the eye in the sky), so I corrected him again. He had to stop and get someone else to help him do the math. We decided it was time to leave!

The bathrooms were clean, but they constantly had the smell of sewer water.

It's just another cramped, smoky casino. Nothing special.

There are newer reviews for Harrah's North Kansas City Casino

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved this casino,the dealers were friendly and the pit bosses were as well. We won some money here, so of course that helps, but we would have enjoyed it if we had lost. Casino was clean, machines looked to be all in good order, and tables were clean with new felt.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice assortment of table games, variety of slots and self serve soft drinks. Minimums are $5 which really helps if you want your budget to last

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very poor payouts on the slot machines, whether you were playing penny machines or high roller machines!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The casino is fairly typical - average to low average payouts - none in our group of six came out very much ahead. The staff is friendly and helpful. The casino is smoky and the ventilation system seems to blow the smoke right down along adjacent machines.

It is easy to get a Harrah's reward card at the service desk.