“Las vegas tower premium room”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
wichita, kansas
“Las vegas tower premium room”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

our room was great, as always - clean, nice, comfortable - had a great time

Room Tip: Corner room upstairs - very quiet and private
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My mom wanted to spend a Sunday evening at the casino, so I used my comps for the hotel and breakfast the next morning. Room was clean, comfortable, and everyone was friendly and hospitable.

Draw back: WiFi is $10.95/evening (NOT free), and obviously no continental breakfast, but I do recommend breakfast at The Buffet, which is $8.99/person and opens at 7AM. We had a good time and housekeeping was super friendly--they ran a dental kit up for my mom who forgot her toothbrush/toothpaste. Also, there are pet friendly rooms but they are dog ONLY rooms. Would be more convenient if Harrah's allowed me to bring my kitty when traveling. Anyway, had a nice time!

Room Tip: Atlantic City Tower is nice. I was able to get a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I booked a one night stay with Harrah's for a special rate of $69.02. This was much cheaper than published rates so I jumped at the chance. Considering this is a national chain Casino and looking at the photos on their website, I thought I was in for a treat plus a great deal. The room was in their Atlantic City Tower and it looked like a fancy Motel 6 room instead of a Casino hotel room. Didn't even have complimentary toiletries besides one trial size of shampoo and conditioner and the bathroom walls were dirty. When I looked at my credit card statement it appears that Harrah's put an additional $35 "security deposit" on my card even though I paid for the room in full and the additional fees were never disclosed. They told me not to worry that I would get the security deposit back in 5 - 7 business days! What crap! I'll never book a room with them again and you shouldn't either...go down the road to Argosy!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My wife & I stayed at Harrah's Kansas city 26-29 Dec 2011 and had a great time. We stayed in the Las Vegas tower. The room was very clean and quite large for a standard room. It had 1 king bed, couch, Chair, coffee table & desk/chair. It was also equipped with a refrigerator which was handy. The TV was a little out-dated but the bed was real comfortable.The bathroom was also large with a big tub and separate shower with a toilet in a room off the bathroom. The casino was a little on the small side but we did quite well playing there. Casino & hotel employees were all very polite and helpful. There are 4 other casinos nearby, Ameristar, Isle of Capri, Argossy and a small Indian casino(7th Street casino) in kansas city KS. We didn't have a car while we were there but Kansas City Transit has a bus(#173, Casino Cruiser) that runs every hour and goes from downtown to Isle of Capri, Harrah's & Ameristar that you can ride all day for only $3 a person. We actually took Amtrak there and that same bus also goes to the train station so we never even had to take a taxi, which saved us a few bucks. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the KC area.

Room Tip: I recommend that you ask for a room in the Las Vegas Tower, I've never stayed in the other tower...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed at harrahs kc Jan 6-7 to attend the Aaron Lewis concert at Voodoo lounge.
Positives 1. The staff are all very nice. It must be company policy to make eye contact, smile and say hello. Everyone from parking lot custodians, security, casino staff, housekeeping. Everyone. It was nice.
2. The voodoo venue is great for concerts. Really enjoyed it.
3. Rooms- they are a good size and bed was super comfy. Also the bathtub is large.
Negatives 1. Drinks are not complimentary to players in the casino. Paid 3 bucks a drink on the casino floor. Hey I'm not a cheapskate...but I'm not used to paying for drinks at a casino.
2. Rooms are a bit tired, well at least our room was in the Atlantic tower. Not terrible by any means, just not new looking. More on the level of a holiday inn. bathroom amenities were basic also...shampoo, soap, lotion. 3. Found 5, yes 5 hairs in the bathtub. I'm not a princess, but Yuck.

In closing: book a room in the emerald tower, check the tub before you get in and bring a fist full of ones for cocktail service. Overall good stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Harrah's. Very clean room which included a coffee maker! s Bed was comfortable. Front desk was very helpful and fast.

Room Tip: Request Atlantic City Tower
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Conservative Poker players that can be run off with an all-in bet.
Had a remarkable time that left me feeling more confident not just in Poker. Much of this came from the friendliness of the staff.The Chirstmas trees were beautiful also.This Harrah's needs only to be closer to home to be perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!