“Fun Evening”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cheney, Kansas
“Fun Evening”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I made a last minute trip to Kansas City. We found this room for $39.50. We thought "Oh Boy, what will we find?!" but it was a wonderful time. The hotel and casino were very nice. Our room was exceptionally clean,and comfortable, as was the entire hotel and casino. We played some slots, had a nice dinner at the Sports Bar in the hotel, played some more slots and had a wonderful night's sleep. A very nice time! I somehow got out of the house without toothpaste, and went down to the front desk. They gave me a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash :o)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blackdogmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at Harrah's for 1 night having a meeting in Kansas City, coming from the UK I didn't see the significance of a 'casino hotel' as strangely gambling is so limited in the US - yet buying a weapon, driving at a younger age to Europe is all easier.

Anyway back to the hotel review, the staff were super friendly - which goes with the area of the US. Smoking is allowed inside the building - so in a brief 5 minute tour of the gambling floors you quickly take on the 'nice' aroma of various tobacco products.

The room was basic, with a huge CRT TV dominating the room, with a clean bathroom which had a ¾ length bath, and average water pressure shower.

The $10 charge for WiFi in your room is extortionate - and really should either be free (with limited bandwidth) or a much more reasonable charge, the WiFi charge on an aeroplane is only a little more!!

The hotel's a little out of the way, but within 15 minutes drive you could be eating BBQ (Grilled) food at Oklahoma Joe’s…..if you’ve time go, if you haven’t got time, make some.

If you just need a basic, reasonably priced hotel to get some rest and a shower then you're set.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Lees Summit, Mo
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,350 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Good place to stay but no pool. This place is along the river and if they added a pool and an outside bar it would be great.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank postrawb
Coweta, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We received a discounted rate for our Harrah’s player’s card when we went to Vegas. The room was average, slightly outdated, and located in the Atlantic City tower. But, overall the room did its job, it was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. Guest services throughout the hotel/casino were outstanding! Everyone you walked by said, “Hello!” Check-in and out was fast and easy. Location wasn’t horrible, easy access to the highway. Only thing that would be a negative to me was the sports bar/restaurant, service was slow, food was less then mediocre, dirty tables all over the place. Saying that, they did seem to be very understaffed. I would not recommend it or probably eat here again. Overall though it was a great time and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Probably try and stay in the "Vegas" tower, I think they are newer.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I felt like Daniel Negreanu! I made my reservations 2 1/2 months in advance! I selected a Premium room in the NEWer tower! I arrived at 3:30pm (check in is at 4pm) & they told me that my room had already been given to a "Diamond Card" member, that had made their reservation last week & they took PRIORITY over me! I asked for a similar type Premium room, like the one that I booked & they said that they were FULL UP! There was NOTHING special happening (event wise) in KC that weekend, NASCAR was not in town, No major Concerts, No NFL games - THAT is why I specifically picked this weekend! There were not ANY premium rooms left! They gave me a standard room in the OLD/Un-renovated tower & told me there was a discount, I would HOPE so, cuz there is a $40 price difference PER night! I asked for an IN-convenience discount, on top of having to pay the standard room rate & they refused. I spent 10 minutes arguing with both the front desk woman & her supervisor, hoping that everyone else (within hearing distance in the Lobby) who might have been JUST a Gold Card member (like myself) or any Diamond Card member that might have STOLEN my room, could hear & might become aware of this problem! Other than raising my voice I was NOT abusive, never use any profanities, never threatened anyone or anything, except threatening to go somewhere ELSE to stay! They did not offer ANYTHING in the way of compensation, not even a free pass to the Buffet! I was MAD! I spent the whole 1st day of my trip asking Diamond Card members (when I saw them flashing their cards) "Did YOU steal my ROOM!?" or "Are you the ONE who STOLE my room!?"

Whoever designed this Casino/Hotel must have been WHACKED! The Hotel is nowhere NEAR the Casino, a very far walk everywhere, unless you cut across the parking lot? Senior Citizens must have a VERY hard time getting around here, that is why I was so surprised to so many of them all weekend!

I guess Rank & the fact that someone might have a GAMBLING PROBLEM, spending over a certain amount (unobtainable to REGULAR people) per year at the casino - has it's PRIVILEGES! AND regular people just get SCREWed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rkStinger
kansas city
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions and always get excellent service, Very Clean and Comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. I don't know what that guy was talking about, he must of either lost a lot of money, his job training didn't work out, or he was just having a bad day.
I have ate at almost all of the restaurants(except the corner grill) and they are all great, Good Food and Good Service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ronbon13
wichita, kansas
Reviewed 8 February 2012

our room was great, as always - clean, nice, comfortable - had a great time

Room Tip: Corner room upstairs - very quiet and private
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!