3,897 results
All reviews table games casino floor diamond lounge harrah's casino voodoo lounge every employee rooms are nice non smoking comps streak tub valet
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would not suggest booking a room at the Harrah's NKC. My daughter had booked a junior suite for my oldest daughter's bachelorette party back in February 2014. When we arrived in May, we were told they did not have the junior suite for us. My daughter showed them her confirmation number and they proceeded to tell us that they did not have any suites available. I know from past experience that hotels and motels always have extra rooms just for situations like this.
We had specifically requested the suite because we had an event planned for 14 people. We then asked if we could use a conference room and they again replied that they didn't have one of those available either. Finally they offered us a downgrade, a discount on our room, and told us that we would have a couch in the room. To which it didn't, it only had a chair. Then to top it off, the lounge that was supposed to open until 3 AM, but closed for some unknown reason at 12 AM. It was just one disappointment after another! While we made the best of it and didn't let it ruin my daughter's bachelorette party, we were definitely disappointed in the way they handled (or didn't handle the situation). So I guess booking in advance with this particular Harrah's means nothing. You might want to think twice before staying here.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Joni I
Christina C, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We are so sorry to hear about the issues you had during your daughter's bachelorette party. Please check your messages so we can invistigate the matter further and find out where things went wrong on our end and how we can improve for the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived at 10:00 AM on a Monday morning and were able to get our room right away. We booked the spacious Junior Suite and it was spotless! The room looked brand new from the carpet to the drapes and the furniture..The bathroom was huge with double marble vanities and the shower was amazing. The king size bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed lying there and watching the large flat screen TV.

Also had a refrigerator in the room and a coffee maker that was stocked with great tasting 100 % Colombian coffee. We had a great stay and will be back!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank goldengreeke

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our amenities. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived early, but they were able to give us a room immediately. The room was a premium and it was beautiful, and clean. Check in staff was very nice, and any employee you passed, said Hello. Casino was clean, and had lots of slots. The casino wasn't terribly crowded, so that helped. No smoking would make the casino better!

Room tip: The premium rooms are in a renovated tower.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you visit again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I won't ever stay at a Harrah's again or use Travelocity. Requested a non-smoking room, but nobody seems to care. Neither Travelocity or Harrah's will do anything about it. I asked to just cancel the reservation and go somewhere else, but of course they all hide behind the hidden drop-down that tells you that you might not get what you ask for. Why ask what the customer wants??? You can get me with that one once, but don't worry I won't make that mistake again. There are plenty of hotels and plenty of travel sites out there. Also, the carpet is nasty. I don't even want to take my shoes off.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just returned from 4 nights in Kansas City on a gaming trip. The hotel is just a bit better than average, but the service from everyone, was EXTRAORDINARY. the casino was nice, a bit older, but offered a bunch of different games. Self serve soft drinks, but if you are planting a machine or table game and want a cocktail server, they have a system in place. Although they walk through as much as they can, I think it is possible they are under staffed in this area.....so I would just tell the put boss or hit the button on my machine.

The buffet was typical casino fare, there is a snack bar just outside the gaming floor, that serves breakfast anytime they are open, which is nice.

Would absolutely return