“Pristine”
Review of Gordon's Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tehkummah
Gordon's Park
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed at Gordon’s Park every summer for the past three years and have enjoyed every visit so much that I plan to return every year for as long as Rita and Terry are around to provide such exceptional hospitality and extensive knowledge of the natural history of Manitoulin. Whether you’re interested in geology, astronomy, hiking, biking, birding or just relaxing by the pool, at your spacious campsite or around the campfire, this is the place for you. The dark sky preserve at the back of the property, at which annual star parties and weekly or private astronomy sessions are held, allow for unparalleled night sky viewing and the extensive trail network offers exposure to the natural flora and fauna of Manitoulin Island.
I STRONGLY recommend the Women’s Outdoor Weekend, which provides you the opportunity to play, create, move, learn and relax through participation in a wide variety of activities and workshops, offered by local experts. Some of my personal favourites included building a birdhouse, stamp carving, going on a treasure hunt, circle dancing, foot scrub and a guided nature walk. And did I mention the FOOD? All meals are included and DELICIOUS. I don’t eat that well at home and there was a huge variety from which to choose. I was so full after every meal! What a rejuvenating weekend for the mind, body and spirit.
Can’t wait until the next visit 

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annika P

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Over the years, we've camped in our trailer on the astronomy field at Gordon's park many times. We love the dark skies and rate them in the top 2 or 3 sites we've been to across the US and Canada. The geology is like nothing we've ever seen and the nature walks and talks are conducted by experts. We've also made many friends from the wonderful, friendly people we've met there (staff and campers). We appreciate the eco-friendly showers and find them more than adequate. The on-site store has convenient supplies and souvenirs. The star parties always begin with a wine and chees introduction. Great fun! Great friends!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry T
Reviewed 10 July 2013

For 14 years I have been visiting Gordon's Park. The RASC dark sky preserve they have there is something amazing to behold wIth their 360° viewing and super dark skies The Chicheemaun Ferry makes it really easy for anybody to get there. I found myself never getting bored with their solar heated swimming pool, unique mini golf and amazing fossil trails. The campgrounds are also well kept. The Gordon family and their courteous staff treat you so well, it makes going there every year something I always look forward too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dieter I
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am a grade school teacher from the Sudbury area. I have had the pleasure of visiting Gordon's Park with my grade 4 students for 10 years now. My very first trip was such a huge success that I have returned every year! Rita and Terry have a beautiful nature center. The kids love the nature pavillion with the fossils, skulls, animals on display and detailed presentations (this year, from Paul). We have almost as many parents join us on our trip as we have students. They all enjoy the nature walk, the parents more than willing to lead the walks and enjoy the beauty of nature with the students. Finally the kids get to play a round of mini-putt which is always a highlight of the day! The kids enjoy the gift shop. Personally, I enjoy Terry Gordon's various nature paintings. We arrive at the park for lunch and the tables are always set up for us. Everything is clean and organised. I love the ecological feel of the park. The Gordon's know how to make us all feel welcome. I have parents asking me at the beginning of the school year when our class trip is as the word has spread about the amazing time we have at Gordon's Park! As a teacher, I appreciate being able to tie in our trip to the grade 4 curriculum. I can't say enough about Gordon's Park and the work Terry and Rita have done with their place. I would recommend Gordon's Park as a year end trip destination for any teacher looking for an environmental touch to their outing. I can't thank the Gordon's for making our yearly trip such an amazing success!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We camped at Gordon's Park two times. The hospitality we get from Rita and Terry is excellent they make us feel at home. The park has amazing dark sky for stargazing. The park is very well maintained the swimming pool was very clean the kids spend hours in heated outdoor pool. Very good family campground.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EddieYoukhana
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I truly enjoyed the time I spent at Gordon's Park. Aside from the awesome pool, fun mini golf, neat interpretive centre and great trails, what really stuck with me was the stargazing at night. The sky was like I've never seen it before and Paul was very knowledgeable about all the constellations. We were able to see Saturn and some of its moons through a telescope and it was like nothing I've ever seen.

They have all kinds of different accommodations so if you're looking to camp or stay at a B&B, they've got you covered.

Overall, they have very friendly staff and it is a quirky eco-friendly park with a sense of humour. I would highly recommend Gordon's Park to anyone looking for a truly enjoyable and unique experience on Manitoulin Island. I will definitely go again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paulina C
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been to Gordon's Park many times. For ladies weekends which we slept in a tipi - great fun and very well taken care of. I have also been here with my children to go on nature walks, swim and play mini golf. Owners Terry & Rita are always terrific hosts. I am sure I will be back soon.

Room Tip: The tipi we stayed in was up in the bushes away from the main lodge - nice & quiet.