“Gyros were very good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Gyros were very good”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I read the review and thought I would try it. Had a gyro and house salad. Cashier was very nice. Order did not take long at all and food was very good. Plenty if food.

O'Fallon, Missouri
“Great place to frequent”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We love the food from Angelo's and often get it to go, but it is also good as an eat in restaurant. Their food is excellent, the staff are friendly, and you get good portions for your money. We love to get this for lunch meetings are work.

• Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Some food okay but run by very young teens”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hamburgers were really good. Pizza so so. Nice environment. Only problem is kids seem to run it - very young teens - and our to go order was entered as a eat in order and then each thing was made separately with no apology while they brought our stuff out one at a time with the other stuff getting cold and each time we asked about it the young girls would just say, "I don't know". Has potential though...

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food but no Chicago style pizza”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Not having Chicago style pizza had no effect on my rating but I figured I would let people know right off the bat. The service was good but nothing overly interesting to say either way. We ordered a lot of food for four people since we wanted to try quite a bit and we don't mind left overs. The Angelo's style pizza was not very good. My wife and daughter thought it to be average, me not so much. The Gyro plate was disappointing. It was brought to us in a to-go box...veggies/fries on bottom with meat and pita on top. The taziki sauce(sp) was thick and tasteless. Horrible way to serve this menu item unless it is to-go. The meat was nothing special but it was carved looking. Wings were okay and no dipping sauce included! The cheese fries...these will not be for everyone. We all found them to be good we liked the fries and the sauce is served on the side in a cup. The kids chicken strips are cheap strips that took the longest to come out to the table. All the food came out as prepared, I did like this since we ordered so much. Overall we will not be going back but I would recommend to try the place if you live in the area. They have a lot of things on the menu and are reasonably priced. TIP: if you are offended by the Christian religion do not go, it is highly visible at this establishment. (FYI we are not offended by that and it did not go into my rating, just a Tip for those that don't want to have that while eating).

• Visited August 2013
Athens, Alabama
“Definately Different”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've been to this place on three or so occasions when I'm passing through. Offered are Chicago style hot dogs, pizzas, burgers, wings, gyros, tacos, Chicago beef, salads as well as numerous other appetizers and sandwiches. I have had the tacos, gyros and tacos on different trips. The tacos are really different chopped beef in a soft corn tortilla with a very hot green sauce on the side. Mixed emotions on these. The Chicago dogs are a relatively decent rendition, not Portillos for sure but not bad either. You order at the counter here and draw you own soft drinks. Good for a change of pace or if you're with several folks (especially kids) with different tastes. Meal for one with tax and drink about $8.00.

• Visited June 2013