“Nasty place”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in O'Fallon
Anderson, Indiana
“Nasty place”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I don't know how this place received any good reviews. It is disgusting and run down. When you enter the place reeks of cigarette smoke and does not look clean. We arrived at night and were forced to go ahead and stay. What a mistake. At 1:30 in the morning we were awakened by some man yelling in the hallway and trying to get into our room. We think the guy was probably drunk and couldn't get his friend to open the door to his room which was across from ours. We could see two men (through the peep hole in the door) . Finally the man's friend opened the door and they continued to yell and be rowdy. We called the front desk and they must have said something to them and the noise stopped. We couldn't wait to get out of there! We chose this place based on other internet reviews and its proximity to the highway. All I can say is don't stay here--it is creepy and the reviews certainly don't match what we experienced.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Findlay Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The motel was nice for the price but not outstanding. I had made a mistake in the on-line reservation thru Super 8 (senior instead of AARP) but the clerk said it was the same rate (it was actually $6.50 more).
The room with single queen was OK for our stay. The room had a heavy disinfectent smell which we adjusted to. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bathroom was older but OK. We had a good sleep on the bed.
We did not use the indoor pool but it looked nice. The breakfast was in a small area with only a few seats. It ended at 9 and a sign said you couldn't take anything to the rooms because of spills - both turned us off to get up for it.
While the desk clerk was not very friendly, and it was a typical middle-rate motel, I would recommend it as a good stay for anyone who is used to these motels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 March 2011

My family and I, with our dog, stayed at this hotel 2 nights and had a GREAT experience. We were greeted warmly, check-in was quick, and we received a discount on the fee for having a dog. The room was spotless and pleasing to the eye - no funky smells, clean sheets, newer shower head and faucet, and newer flat screen t.v. It was also not overcrowded with furniture, but still had the convenience of a luggage rack, coat rack, table w/chair, arm chair, frig, and microwave. Continental breakfast was a little sparse in variety, but what was available (cereal, juice, english muffins, muffins, danishes, fruit) was well-stocked. The only negative thing to say about breakfast really was that it was from 6 am - 9 am, and as I am a late-riser, this was difficult. The pool is smaller, but still great. Our daughter loved swimming and most kids would find it sufficient. We could smell the chlorine (but wasn't overpowered by it) and it wasn't hazy or dirty. The hotel is in a convenient location, right off of 70 and because of that, easy to get to and close to stores and restaurants. Staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel because you get a clean and friendly stay for a great value!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travel_with_a_dog
Reviewed 25 December 2010

After calling several hotels me and my family finally came across this one. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. We asked to see a room before we paid for the room and they had no problem with that. The room was clean and smelled nice. This will definately be our regular hotel when we come up this way!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank whitnee2007
Somonauk, Illinois
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The hotel is dumpy and poorly run. The first room they put us in was dirty. Too dirty and smelly for us to stay. We asked to be moved. The second room was "cleaner" but still had a heavy perfumy scent (gotta wonder what they were covering up....). Rooms were large with nearly no furniture. Obviously designed to be more upscale, but are stripped down. The linens were frayed and in poor shape. The only brite point was that the mattress was good, and although I hated to put my face in the blankets, I did sleep okay. The vending machines were nearly empty and didn't work properly. The continental breakfast area consisted of 7 chairs and 3 very tiny round tables for 2. Never fear, there wasn't really a breakfast. When I went down there were 2 apples, 4 english muffins, a few prepackaged muffins and danish that looked melted and old, and presweetened cereal. My husband only eats cereal that is not presweetened. There was no orange juice. There was a coffee pot in the room, but only regular coffee packets (no decaf). We were very uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave. Avoid this one at all costs!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Lake Luzerne, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The desk clerk was not the friendliest upon checking in or out.The rooms, lobby & breakfast area were all nice & clean which is the most important to me. Breakfast was the usual for contiental, packaged muffins, toast, cereal etc. Room was average size & ok for a night's stay but I wouldn't want to stay on an extened visit when you use the room more, the beds were comfortable with good pillows. Did not use the indoor pool but looked ok. I though the price was a little high for what you got. I have stayed in larger Super 8's with Hot breakfast for less. $70.00 on a week night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 4 November 2009

We were coming back from Salem, MO & had stopped in St. Louis on the way back to Kansas City & wanted to get something low cost outside of St. Louis a little ways. We were very surprised that there are no motels/hotels IN O'Fallon. It is 17,000+ population & you have to go on the outer road to find 2 motels! We were travelling on Hiway79 & not 71. We actually had to stop & ask someone at a business. I live in a small town of about 9,000 & there are 5 IN town! ANYway, don't ever take someones' word when they say it is nice. We had to go on an outer road. No biggy. Wellllllllll, the place looked pathetic at night. And, it didn't look any better during the day. It is run down, old, just plain icky! There is a washer & dryer on the landing on the second(top)floor. Ugh. I was so ready to throttle my husband! He did apologize. It cost us $66 with tax for a king(bed was actually queen)non-smoking room. I was totally surprised at the room. It was c l e a n! The bathroom was sparkling & the sink area was equally as clean! The linens were crisp clean. The room was large & the carpet was clean. I was totally surprised. I would never stay there again. The next morning my husband came up with a cup of coffee & said there were blueberry muffins that didn't look at all appetizing & they also had juice. Now, I absolutely salivate at the thought of blueberry muffins! Especially heated up with butter melting on them. Sigh! But, I had to pass. They were probably old & stale.
If you are in need of a clean ROOM, & don't care about the appearance of the place itself, this is the motel for you. All I can say is that our room was clean. That's all.
Not meant to offend anyone, but it is not run by Americans. That is an issue with me. Just my honest opinion. Not meant to offend. If it does, sorry. But, I give honest reviews.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near O'Fallon
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Saint Peters
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis St. Peters

Been to Super 8 O'Fallon Mo/St. Louis Area? Share your experiences!