“Wonderful Resturant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I have been to Caleco's a few times when visiting St. Peter's and each time we have a wonderful experience. Food was great along with the service. The decor is pretty cool and if you have kids they love the fish tanks and train

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went to Calecos this past week and was very disappointed. Have been to this restaurant numerous times and I would never have given it an A+ rating but would have said it was average or a little above. Not the case this past week. Went with another couple for what we thought would be a relaxing evening of dinner and conversation. We ordered a drink and almost immediately our salads were brought out before we had time to hardly take a sip of our drinks. Then the main dishes were brought out very soon after the salad. Felt like we were on a race course to finish our meal. The servers do NOT know how to space out the meal. The restaurant was not crowded so they did not need the table. Finally after rushing through our meal we tried to have a conversation with friends and it seems the restaurant had booked a birthday party of adults just behind us. The noise level was ridiculous and we could not hear each other speak. I was so frustrated by the time we left I just wanted out of there. Would probably not go back due to this past experience. Incidentally, the special of the evening was prime rib which they were already out of at 6:00 pm.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had seen this little Italian restaurant at the end of the strip mall every time I went to another Italian restaurant in the near vicinity. The colorful awning and patio covered in plants always caught my eye, but I never ventured to check it out. Well, one Sunday, I decided to take the family to a new place for a change.

My first impression upon walking in was that it was very dark. It has a strong bar feel to it for sure. There's a long bar in the middle of the restaurant and fish tanks surrounding it, as well as a small train running around the top on tracks. There's so much foliage in the place it looked like a jungle. The walls are lined with memorabilia that's Italian, St. Louis-related, sports, fine art, etc. It reminds you of a TGI Fridays or Ruby Tuesday.

Our waitress was very nice and once we said it was our first time, she went through the menu and explained the favorites to us. There's so much to choose from on the menu that it took us at least 10-15 minutes to decide. It all looked so good! The alcohol and wine menu was extensive as well, but we didn't order any of that. While waiting for the food, I played some songs I liked on the digital jukebox near the front door. ($1 for 2 plays!)

The food took a while to arrive, but that's because the dishes are made to order and cooked using fresh ingredients, unlike some popular restaurants that re-heat frozen meals. I ordered a full portion and I wished I would've ordered the half. Then again, I took home what I couldn't eat and saved it for later. (It was still good re-heated, by the way.) The prices were a little high compared to most Italian places I go, but then again, I'm willing to pay a little more if the food is worth it, and ours was.

Just because this place is tucked into the corner of a half-empty strip mall next to an open field doesn't mean you should pass it up. It's a diamond in the rough and you should give it a chance. If you don't eat out a lot, go here for anniversaries, birthdays, or just for a date. They have specials throughout the week. During the cooler times in St. Louis, you should definitely sit out on their patio. It's covered in mandevilla plants and is very tranquil. You should also sign up for their mobile coupons as well!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stopped in Caleco's in O' Fallon between baseball games to let the kids cool off and get a quick bite to eat. The service was great and we all had appetizer which were enjoyed by all. Looking forward to eating dinner here on a future visit.

1  Thank royalmay
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had italian sausage egg rolls and a chicken pasta dish. The egg rolls were good, the pasta ok. It's conveniently located but don't expect anything better than Chili's type food.