“Poor service, small portions and just average quality.”
Review of Madison's Cafe

Madison's Cafe
Ranked #64 of 191 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining in an elegant atmosphere.
Wright City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service, small portions and just average quality.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Been there 2 times for lunch with groups of 10-20 people and we had reservations. Both times someone did not get their food & had to bring it to staff's attention after everyone else was nearly done eating. It seems that some of the items are prepared very well, but most are just passable. With such small portions, you may order sides of soup, salad, fries or desert that run the bill up very quickly. Several of our members ended with a lunch bill of $20+. When we finally got our food, we wolfed it down in order to get back to work because we were there nearly 2 hours! I have no desire to return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Shelia S

Troy, Missouri
“Madison's Cafe”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My girlfriend's and I had dinner on a Wednesday night for happy hour. The food was EXCELLENT, but the TERRIBLE service offset it. It wasn't just our server either. It was the entire staff. Will probably not be back for quite some time because of the poor service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ginny N
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Best toasted ravioli”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We hadn't been to Madison's in quite a few years, but had a gift certificate, so decided to use it. I think they have the best house salad dressing I've ever tasted and the best toasted ravioli in the St. Louis area! The sauce they use is excellent. Our server was very friendly, efficient, and we didn't wait very long for our food. Julie (one of the owners) is very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Madison's to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Madison's Salad”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I frequentl Madison's Cafe especially for their special house salad (I don't remember the specific name for it) and the house dressing is especially good. The half-salad with ham on it is a meal in itself. I normally just have extra ham and delete the shrimp, which were very limp the one time I had the shrimp.
But if you want a sandwich, the butterflied filet sandwich is one of the best you will ever have.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Great Local Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and I have eaten here for the last 20 + years. By the best salads for the buck. Heck, any buck.The serve mostly pasta dishes and some steak item. Their beat is a filet Mignon sandwich called "the burnt steak sandwich"
witch also has sauted onions and provel cheese (a st louis cheese). If you are anywhere I70 in Ofallon stop by for great food.

• Visited November 2012