“A little scary, but fun.”
Review of Swinging Bridge

Swinging Bridge
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Osage Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My Mom and I had a bit of a hard time finding this bridge, we kept driving into the state park which you do not want to do. We finally found it after a long drive on a gravel road. We got there about sunset and was a little creepy. We walked halfway across and turned back as it was getting dark. Had a great view from the bridge, glad we found it eventually!

1  Thank Traveler201323
There are newer reviews for Swinging Bridge

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Started out Saturday near Lake of the Ozarks State Park attempting to find the bridge attraction that I noted on tripadvisor. We couldn't find it Saturday evening without having specific directions as we drove from Osage Beach east on Highway 42 past the state park toward Brumley. Turned around east of Brumley and returned to Osage Beach feeling dejected that we were unsuccessful. We had a great breakfast Sunday morning at the renowned Pancake House in Osage Beach while we sat at our table under a picture of the bridge. We forgot t to ask the hospitable Pancake House waitress where to find the bridge and drove out of Osage Beach guided by the GPS (or something else) heading east on Highway 42 again to cross the state. Providentially, this time driving Highway 42 my wife spots the small street sign "Swinging Bridges" Road. We followed it after reading the day before the previous posts on this site describing the gravel road which we found to be shorter and well worth the trip to see these two bridges - one shorter metal deck one and one much longer wooden deck one - what a trip! Three of us in the car drove both the bridges and two of us walked the longer wooden one - what a sight!

6  Thank garybu
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Bridge was rebuilt few years back after car went into the creek. Great place to take the family to camp, fish, and get back to nature. Hard to find but, you can ask around and get directions from the locals and they may even be so kind to lead you out there to it.

2  Thank mo2ok
Reviewed 24 March 2013

How often do you see a place like this?? Old wooden bridge that straddles a shallow river. You'll feel a bit uneasy crossing it, but it's safe and worth it!

5  Thank DJ B
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I talked my husband into taking this drive. The GPS had trouble finding it. But we made a misturn and ended up in a park that was full of deer so that appeased my husband for the extra miles. When we finally found the correct turnoff to go to the bridges, I was somewhat disappointed. I guess growing up in Arkansas, I am too accustomed to rickety old wooden bridges. But it is still worth the drive and would be a great place to take the kids swimming. It was just too late in the fall to try that.

2  Thank bearnstar