“A good night sleep”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Aarhus, Denmark
“A good night sleep”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We had one night at this hotel in June, after a long day it was nice to be cooled in the pool, with some insects. Our room was in the new building and was clean and as one could expect a room at this price to be. We had a good night sleep, and the included continental breakfast was fine as well.

2 Thank PeterOdgaard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 June 2011

When I arrived the owner had already charged my card for one night when I was there before 6:30PM when i had him credit it back and paid cash for my room I made the biggest mistake of my life and did not ask to see the room before I gave him the two nights and a $40 deposit. When I saw what a dump it was and was unhappy and didn't want to stay he claimed since I booked the room online I had to pay one night plus he charged my pet charge and tax. If I hadn't showed up at all he would have only charged me $80 instead because I didn't like it he charged me $110. Don't do business with this man. He claim is that he guarantees clean rooms. You shouldn't have to guarantee it or advertise you guarantee it . It should be presumed and if someone wants to leave and go to a nicer hotel you shouldn't steal there money.

4 Thank jlrich
donnor, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
This Guest reserved her room on 29 May for an arrival on 1 June. She arrived at the Hotel on that evening and checked in at 6:37PM. At 8:40PM she returned to the Desk stating room will not work. When pressed, she stated TV had no inputs for DVD/gaming device and that unit was "dirty", a claim she did back away from when asked for specifics. I showed & offered her an alternate unit, [a 2-room suite, normally $30/noc higher] @ the same rate. It is a nonsmoking pet-friendly unit with 2 TVs, one of which has the inputs she had referenced. She still declined & insisted she was leaving. I told her we could not refund for the 1st noc, but that upon checking the room we could & would return her security deposit & pmt. for the 2nd noc. Also, I informed her that if indeed the room she had booked [QQ] resold for this evening we would return the balance of her pmt. to her. She departed with comment that she would let everyone know how she had been treated. Incidentally, NO charges had been made to Guest credit card prior to arrival, but a hold equivalent to the 1st night's rate had been run on the card, a practice normal and accepted in the industry that assures that the guarantee mode is valid. Guest had opted @ time of check-in to pay cash instead. We are thankful to TripAdvisor for the opportunity to respond and set the record straight. dn.

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Labadie, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2011

The Econo Lodge is a wonderful place to stay if you are looking for inexpensive, clean lodging. We were in the back building, which is newer and does not allow smoking. Our room was small, but comfortable and clean.
The woman staffing the front desk was very nice, and helpful.
The hotel has a small pool, and apparently, allows pets. (Not in the pool- probably should have worded this differently!)
Free breakfast is included. The selection was a little sparse, but you can't beat making a fresh waffle- Free!
I would definitely stay here again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 August 2010

After reading the other reviews, I'll add my poor experience. We were there for 2 nights/3 days. From the minute I TRIED to make the reservation over the phone (had the manager and he would not shut up long enough to get a word in edgewise...kept pushing the king rooms) to the rude counter person when I checked in and out, the entire stay was the "disaster from hell!" I specifically asked for a ground floor room where I could literally walk in from the parking lot as my daughter is handicapped and I don't get around the best due to arthritis. Guess where they put us.....3RD FLOOR! But the gal says "don't worry, there's an elevator!" Who gives a hoot, I wanted ground floor for a reason. She would not budge at changing my room and to have walked away would have meant I'd had to pay for one night as I cancelled later than the requested deadline....so we sucked it up and stayed. Then when I went to pay I found out they make cash paying visitors put up a cash deposit. Why, I asked and her reply was a kicker...."so YOU don't steal the sheets, towels, bedspreads and pictures off the walls!" To say I was pissed would be an understatement. (For the record, I don't have any credit cards....paid them all off before I retired and don't want any more.) The beds were lumpy as heck, we found bugs in the room and in the hall, the pool was dirty, no water pressure for showering and when it came to the free breakfast in the mornings.....what a joke that was! We got served warm milk, 3 pieces of dried out wheat bread, about a half dozen tiny donuts (like Little Debbie’s!) a nut pinwheel and warm OJ. When we asked for fresh beverages as they were warm she "huffed and puffed" and got up out of the easy chair in the lobby and slammed down a pitcher of each beverage and went back to the chair. The second day there was less food out and no beverages....not even warm ones! Again I asked for food and beverages and got the "sigh heard round the nation" and got pitchers slammed down on the counter again and a couple of pieces of bread added. Next came a family of 4 behind us and they wanted cereal, a different choice of bread, asked where the Danish were (there was only 1 donut this morning!) and what about beverages. She again heaved a huge sign and went behind the wall and "rolled the metal wall/window up" and started passing things to these people without saying a word and quickly went back to her chair and I think iPod or radio. RUDE does not even begin to describe how this woman acted. When I got home I did some research and found the corporate address for the chain that included the Econo Lodge and wrote (and dickered and battled!) but I won and got one night's lodging refunded plus all taxes and that joke of a $1/night safe fee for the safe in my room (in cash - the way I had paid!) and a cover up statement that said something to the effect of.....this was an isolated incident and she hoped we'd stay with them again! NOT!!!!! If anyone wants to write to corporate to complain and/or try and get some/any/all of their money back, here is the address: Choice Hotels International, PO Box 1748, Minot, ND 58702, ATTN: Executive Customer Relations. GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed June 2010
4 Thank stl1947
Scottsdale
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I only booked one night based on some of the reviews, but was so happy with my room I stayed another night. Clean and well-run; friendly and helpful staff, very good wi-fi speed. Everything met or exceeded my expectations. I will stay here again on my next trip to the area, which I hope will be longer than this two night quick trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
donnor, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, 14 December 2010
A very special thank you is in order for the writer of this review, using the forum in the manner of proper decorum as it is intended. We strive to provide high quality service and this submission validates that we can and do so. Still, constructive criticism with adherence to facts is always welcome when we do miss the mark: It helps us to improve.
Mo.
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Checking out work in the area. Booked for three nights , by the end of my first day realized the work was not there. Checked out at 4:30 was charged for the day. If real busy I would understand But all the hotels I have stayed ,which is many I was never charged for a late check out but once and they lost my business. Its kind of catch 22 but not really right . Just make sure you check out on time!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank wideurt
I am not quite sure how to respond: Posted checkout time is by 11:00 AM with late checkouts of noon or even 1:00 PM granted upon request. But departing at 4:30 PM and expecting no charge is really outside the normal scope of practice. By that time the housekeeping staff would have already serviced the room as a stay and probably left for the day. We regularly work with corporate and other frequent stay guests to accommodate special requests and circumstances - a practice we will continue. Thank you for the opportunity to reply to this matter now that it has come to our attention.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We were in town for the DOCK DOGS competition at Dog Days Bar and Grill. I met my parents at the hotel. So, we had a total of 3 people and a dog. everyone was The staff was great, rooms were clean, and the pool was great for a nice hot day. Unfortunately the Breakfast was limited (about the only real complain we would have if we had one).The price was a little high but I guess that should be expected in a major tourist area during summer. I probably will stay there again when/if I go back for another Dock Dogs competition (I'll be back maybe next June)

• Stayed June 2010