“NEVER STAY HERE”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 13 May 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. The facility did not honor their group rate given to us, did not honor the e-mail printed rate given to another couple, wanted to charge another couple an additional night's rent for PAYING WITH CASH (security deposit--which he finally did not do), there was not enough breakfast food out for the guests, it was constantly being refilled by this "man" and it was very stressful with his coming and going constantly in a very small area. One man in our group went out and bought fresh fruit, another couple ordered a Breakfast Pizza from Casey's closeby. Housekeeping had not shown up to our room at 2:50 the afternoon of our first stay and the "man" finally showed up after a call. We told him we only needed towels and he said, "I will give you exactly what you give me, to keep our 'inventory correct' and the towels were filled with holes; he went out of his way to two smokers to tell them "the smoking recepticle is at the FAR end of the motel." We called two or three times prior to our trip to verify that we would have queen beds in each room and upon our arrival were told there was not a queen bed on their premises....and I walked into the office with him all but begging a phone caller to stay with them, that "our rates are comparable and we will MATCH anyone's rates. Oh really?????? On and on it goes and I am sure there are many issues I have not mentioned here. The hospitality is lacking. Oh, and did I say we are a Elite Gold Choice Privileges member???? It was an awful stay and I would not recommend anyone staying there--oh yeah, and no hair conditioner was provided; shampoo and lotion only. It was like the guy was afraid we were going to break him! Horrible experience. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank J.W. G

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This wasn't a bad room. It was a comfortable room. Although I would not stay here again for other reason such as: I got to the hotel and she wouldn't let me get my room without knowing the billing address for my company credit card which I didn't know because it wasn't given to me when I received my card. All my rooms are booked through AAA and I should of not had to give that information. 30 minutes later I finally got a room after working a 10 plus hour job. I wanted a room that would let me access my car by stepping out of my room. My car was the only car in the parking lot at around 6:30 pm and she put me in a room where you have to walk in and down stairs and a ways down the hall way. Was far away from my car. Parking is slim picking if it was busy. I asked her to switch my room and she said they were smoking room and I told her I was a non smoker but I would take the room if she meet my walk in room requirement. She would not do it and this is the reason I choose the hotel for the quick room access. The ice machine was located on the second floor!! No signs to let you know where it was.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
donnor, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Janice: I am sorry to hear of your problems this fall at our hotel. I must, however, note that validation of the payment or guarantee for a room reservation is imperative - especially for an account with no prior history at the hotel. To fail to do so places all other Guests as well as the Hotel at risk. You would not want us granting access to other Guests in rooms surrounding you without verifying who those Guests were. While I can appreciate your frustration while on the road such policies do serve a very real purpose for all concerned. Once a relationship has been established future arrivals and check-ins can be greatly expedited. It is our sincere hope this experience can serve as a learning opportunity for not only yourself but other travelers as well. Thank you and we hope you will give us another chance to build a long-term business relationship. Don Neuharth, GM, Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My friend and I spent two nights at Econo Lodge while enjoying antiquing at the Lake of the Ozarks. Our stay at the Econo Lodge at the Lake of the Ozarks was GREAT! Our hosts were welcoming and ready to provide any service we needed. They assisted us with recommendations on some antique shops not to miss and some to pass by. It was great advice. The room was clean and quiet. After a day's antiquing we slept very well. We plan to make reservations for an annual antiquing trip and will choose to stay at this hotel. Because we want to spend our money on antiques we want a hotel that is inexpensive but does not compromise cleanliness, service, or hospitality. We were treated very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We had a double bed room in the "NO SMOKING" building. It was a long walk from our room to our motorcycle. The parking lot was on a slight hill (not good for bike parking). Room was clean, bed not the best. Shower had low pressure but was clean. Wi-Fi was slow and had to keep signing in over & over. Not much for breakfast, some man (looked like Maintenance man) kept running around the breakfast area stocking stuff. Tina checked us in was great.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times. It is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is quiet but close to everything. It has always been a positive experience with a good breakfast in the morning, with a nice dining area.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the no smoking, they do have rooms that are separate for smokers and pets. In the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was by far the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had. We reserved 2 rooms, both which smelled horrible and were dirty. Out water was turned off in the middle of the night and we had to go down to the front desk to ask them to turn it back on. Customer service was absolutely horrible. We spoke with the owner the next morning and he was extremely rude and refused to give us a refund and instead made us pay extra to cancel our reservation for the following day. So all in all we paid $400 for 1 night and 2 rooms.

Room Tip: Go to Dog Wood Hills Golf Resort Hotel just down the street. Much better quality, service, and pric...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kylie S
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and the Econo Lodge chain is typically not my first choice of hotel. However, I was on my dime, with my kids, and looking to save some money so I decided to check out this hotel based on some recent positive reviews. I was first pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the front desk lady (I think her name was Amanda?...sorry) who did not hesitate to show me a room before I committed to staying.
There are two buildings on this property, one with outdoor entrances for smokers/pets and the other with indoor "hotel style" entrances for non-smokers without pets; we stayed on the high floor of the non-smoking building. Our room was extremely clean with a large window that looked out over the Ozark hills. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms spotless. The only challenge with the room was that the wireless internet service was spotty and slow. The pool area is average, but located in the middle of the parking lot. All together, however, this Econo Lodge was one of the cleanest hotels around, the employees and management were polite and friendly and (although I cannot speak for the smoking/pet building) I have no problem recommending this hotel to other families traveling in the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the non-smoking building which had nice rooms and were exceptionally clean and crisp...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#7 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Inn At Grand Glaize
Inn At Grand Glaize
#12 of 14 in Osage Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!