“Don't judge a book or motel by its cover”

Town & Country Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

we just wanted to find a nice, budget friendly place to stay after a day of fun at the lake. I always look at the reviews of a hotel before I stay. This hotel is #2 on the list of the best in the area. We got there and my husband wasn't to sure I made the right choice. The front is nothing flashy, a quaint mom and pop motel. No indoor pools or free breakfasts. So I assured him we need to give it a try. We checked in the & the price was great. Around 70$. The room was updated and clean ! That's rare to find these days at that price. The room had a mini fridge and microwave and I liked the fact I could park right outside my door. The next morning I enjoyed wonderful conversation with the hotel owner over the best coffee I have had in awhile from a motel (they make it every morning free for the guests) The owner really treated me like a pampered guest not just another stranger off the street. I would highly recommend this motel and glad I stayed here and helped support a locally owned business and not some over priced hotel chain.

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank Kowens75

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Finally, after two less than ideal motel stays in the Osage Beach Missouri area, I have found a new place to call home when in that area. If you demand a world-class luxury inn, don't go here as you will be disappointed. However, if a friendly mom and pop operated establishment, exceptionally clean and spacious rooms, and a great location are what makes you a happy traveler, you can do no better than the Town and Country Motel. Rates are very reasonable, especially for the value. The only downside for me, and this is very minor -- not a criticism whatsoever, is that there is no in-room coffee maker. Upon check in, the owner advised that coffee was available when the office opens in the morning. My day starts no later than 3:00 am, and I must have that jolt of old Joe to get started right. Luckily, I carry a small coffee pod maker with me. I survived. If you gotta have that kick start in the morning before the rooster crows, just pack along your own and you will otherwise have a most pleasant stay.
Safe and Peaceful Travels to All, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - moreableinc.org

Room Tip: I had room # 30 and it was just fine ... no complaints.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Rev Bill C
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My wife and I have stayed here multiple times and have had great experiences each time! The rooms are always very clean and housekeeping staff is extremely friendly. The front desk is always willing to help make our stay the best it can possibly be. The rooms are comfortable and clean, stocked with a extremely comfortable king-sized bed, microwave (clean) and mini fridge (also clean). This place definitely is a home away from home for us. Always our go-to motel when we're in the Ozark area! Highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've stayed in more expensive accommodations. I've stayed in newer accommodations. I have NEVER stayed in a cleaner accommodation and don't think I've ever stayed in as friendly a place. He even offered to leave me a key under the mat if we got in after 11:00 and I could sign in the next day. (Turns out we got in about 10.)

Everything we tried worked--TV, shower, refrigerator, etc. Don't recall trying the microwave or coffee pot. He had coffee in the office at 6:30 AM and suggested restaurants to match our wants, how to get to places we wanted to get to, etc.

There was a fishing tournament that weekend and I couldn't count the boats in the parking lot. Could have been two dozen, though probably not. It was almost strange how polite and courteous the fishermen were. I'm sure there were some tabs being popped and some expressions of frustration with equipment or catches, but we didn't see or hear them. As they were coming in and parking, we heard a few of the trucks pulling boats with loud exhausts--but we didn't hear them leaving at 5:00 AM or whatever time. They were just gone.

The owner commiserated with the problem that the GPS maps haven't been updated as of late October, 2012. Follow the signs on the road and call to ask when you think you might be close. The GPS just goes weird and the lady's voice gets really demanding when you don't turn on a road that isn't there. I was fortunate I had been through the town enough to kind of know where the motel was, so when I found the old highway I knew I'd get there.

If you get really lost, figure out where you are and call the motel so they can guide you in.

If you want room service, your bed turned down for you, or a chocolate on your pillow each evening (I've stayed at a few of each) this isn't the place. If you want a great place to spend a few nights, you'll probably enjoy it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DayNightTripper2010
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This motel was so very clean and spotless that is it worthy of a "white glove" award. It is owned by an American Armed Services Veteran and the affordable price couldn't be beat! We had a room with a king bed, microwave, and a mini fridge. There was a very nice wall-to-wall counter and a comfortable recliner. We will definitely stay here again when we return to this beautiful area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathryn D
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed with a friend for one night. Garmon led me astray I called hotel they directed me right to them. When I arrived everyone was super friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ewhelan0321
Reviewed 27 August 2012

A few of my friends and I stayed in the bunkhouse during memorial day weekend! Absolutely had a fabulous time! It was a VERY short drive to the boat ramp to the lake, you could walk to resteraunts (if you so choose, its also a short drive if you choose to go by vehicle), short drive to night life. The home was clean, roomy, and stocked with needed supplies! The pool was clean, The owners were very kind and helpful of any needs. They bbq'd with us the night before we all left, and we had a great time! Love this place, definitely look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends