“Fun, Fun, Fun”
Review of The Clayground - CLOSED

The Clayground
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Paint-it-Yourself Pottery Playground. We have hundreds of ceramic pieces to choose from. How it works: Pick your piece. Choose your paint. We glaze and fire. You pick up or we can ship!Join Us! No reservations required. Fun for ALL ages.Hours:Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm to 7:00 pmSaturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pmSunday: 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Looking for someplace to take the granddaughters on day couldn't get on the water. This provided a great option to keep them busy and also leaving them with a special souviner of their trip.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BradM365

Osage Beach, Missouri
“Family Friendly, Fun, helpful, and amazing place for kids and adults alike.”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We took our Daisy Girl Scout to The Clayground. Sean was the gentlemen who was in the store helping. As you can imagine, having a group of small girls in a pottery place was enough to make any adult nervous. But Sean was great with the kids. They picked out what they wanted to paint, and not only did he help pick out colors when they had questions he was tenantive, helpful and great with the girls. We never had the feeling of being rushed. It felt more like a friend helping us than an employee. I will be going back with just my girls another day and also we will be having a birthday party there! If you have never been here I recommend it! There is not a lot of family friendly places in the lake that don't cost an arm and a leg, when you find one you need to utizle it!

Visited August 2011
Rochelle, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“BEWARE! Awful custumer service”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My mom and I found the Clayground through Tripadvisor. We were visiting the Ozarks during a very hot time period and thought this would be a nice, cool way to spend time together for the afternoon. While the shop was very nice and the owners son was very helpful, the service that we received since leaving has been awful and somewhat of a nightmare. I should have asked when the pottery would be ready for pickup BEFORE we started painting, I didn't and found out it would be ready a few days after we left. I was told that this would be no problem, they would be happy to ship us our pottery. That was 3 weeks ago! We have not received our orders and daily calls to the shop go unanswered - have even tried emailing with no response. This is going to turn into a dispute that my credit card company will need to handle. Frankly, this is nothing more than theft. I paid for services and product in good faith and they are not providing the service and product they promised. Calling the BBB and Chamber of Commerce tomorrow. I have no idea how they can run a business like this. Very disappointed! Had I read the previous review about shipping problems, I never would have gone here.

Visited July 2011
5 Thank bzyrnmom
Franklin, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Place, Terrible Service”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We visited the Clayground on June 15th with our three young children. We had visited other paint your own pottery stores in the past so we were experienced with the process. We were impressed with the room in the store and the cleanliness. It was nice that they offered aprons to help protect everyone's clothes and they took care of all of the clean-up. The selection of items to paint was ok, supplies were plentiful and the prices were reasonable. We were told that it would be a five day turn-around on our pottery. Since we would need to leave town early in the morning on the fifth day we elected to have the pottery shipped to our home. We were told that the pottery would be shipped on day six and we should expect to receive it on day nine or ten. The young man who took care of us was very polite. We had brough our camera to take pictures of the kids painting their masterpieces and he even offered to take a picture of the whole family. The children were very pleased with the masterpieces they created and couldn't wait to see the finished product!
On day 14 after still not receiving the product, we attempted to contact the store to confirm that the order was shipped, via what shipper and obtain a tracking number. We were only able to leave messages. On day 15 we tried again, but once again were only able to leave a message. I also tried to contact the store via their email, but did not receive a response. On day 16 I tried to call again, this time the phone was answered by Kristy. I explained that we had been trying to contact them for two days, I was immediately interrupted with a response of what you haven't received a response in two days and you are upset? I confirmed that I was and that I was trying to track down our pottery shippment. I was told that the store was flooded and had been closed for the past two days and if I continued to be so rude she would not help me. I asked if I was being rude as I had not raised my voice or used any type of inappropriate language. I was again told that I was being rude and my conversation was being recorded. I explained that I was told that my pottery was going to be shipped 10 days ago and we should have received it 6 or 7 days ago. We have not received it and I was trying to figure out what happened. I was told that all of the pottery had been shipped and obviously they don't hand deliver it or I would have it already. She said that she would call UPS and track the package, but would only call me back if I was not going to be rude to her. I offered my phone number and receipt number to assist in tracking our order, but was told everything they do is by last name and she had my number from caller ID so she needed nothing else from me. She said she would call UPS immediately and call my back. I explained that all I was looking for was a tracking number so I could try to figure out where the package was. She told me she would call me back. As of day 17 I have not received a call back. I still have no package, no tracking number and three children who look outside every time a delivery truck drives by hoping that their masterpieces are on it.

I would only recommend this establishment if you are able to come back 5 or 6 days later to pick up your purchase. In person the staff was great, but the customer service over the phone left alot to be desired.

Visited June 2011
11 Thank denisem074
“Fun for kids and adults”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I took my 3 year old and 6 year old and they had a blast. They loved choosing their own masterpiece to paint. There are so many great pieces to choose from for boys, girls and adults! I also had just as much fun as they did. It is a great way to spend time together. My kids loved the popcorn and lemonade while they painted. The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere is cheery and welcoming. We will for sure go back again!