“Simply Charming & Great Value”
Review of LakeHouse Hotel

LakeHouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Ankeny, Iowa
“Simply Charming & Great Value”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

If you're a traveler looking for a great value, this is the type of place you always hope to find. We stayed in early June 2013, and there are lots of little touches that take this from an average budget hotel to a charming little gem. There were flower planters on the porch, a new 9-hole mini golf course along the drive (no charge), two pools - one inside, one outside - two hot tubs, a water slide and some very hard working owners. Very clean. Fresh paint everywhere. Photos and flowers in the hallways. The owners, Ricky and Mary Jo, gave us recommendations for restaurants and attractions, were friendly, and clearly wanted our stay to be comfortable and peaceful. They obviously take a lot of pride in their property. As we checked in, they let us know that there would be some maintenance happening in the hallway we were scheduled to stay in, but if we didn't mind the stairs, they would upgrade us to a suite on the second floor so that we didn't have to deal with the maintenance. No extra charge, no fuss - just making sure we had a great stay. The rooms are nicely appointed, and the suite we were upgraded to had nice furniture, a big screen and more. The cleaning staff did a great job. The continental breakfast had lots of variety, with sanitary automated items, and the taste was good. Their sign says, "Where you're not just a customer, you're our guest." We definitely felt like it. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have a family with kids and are looking for a suite, the master suite on the second floor is...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jarrett P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We have 1 year old and four year old boys and just had a very pleasant stay here. I have never met a more friendly bunch of hard-working people at a hotel before in my life. The smaller setting of this hotel made it very family friendly and welcoming. There is a free breakfast every morning, but be prepared to microwave your own food. No biggie to us but to others it may be. My four year old loved the waterslide in the outdoor pool. There is also a nice indoor pool. Our only two complaints was no closet in the room -- they made more room by eliminatin closet at just hanging racks near beds. Don't expect the taj mahal for your room but they were spacious rooms and exceptionally clean. Also, a little loud on first floor. There is no elevator so we picked first floor which may have been a mistake bc there were some very loud adults who seemed to have forgotten they weren't the only ones staying there. Otherwise it was a wonderful stay! Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My daughter and I meet up with my mom and sister for a birthday getaway each summer. We have tried two other hotels in the area and decided to try this one for our two-night stay this year. No need to try any others in the future. Have found our spot. Family owned and operated (in fact, the owners live right on property), this place is super clean and has very comfortable accommodations. The hallways are super wide, nice indoor and outdoor pools with hot tubs and a neat water slide. They also have complimentary 9 hole miniature gold. All of us were very impressed with the breakfast. SO much to choose from. The coolest pancake maker that made really tasty pancakes, eggs of all sorts of varieties, sausage, oatmeals, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices...Owners are very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MissouriMickey4
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Hotel was very clean. Room was presentable. Breakfast was provided, but everything was microwaveable. The hotel tools are too expensive to have their guests eating off of styrofoam plates and plastic ware. We stayed on room 201 and I was told by hotel staff that their rooms were smoke free. Our first night our floor had a strong odor of cigarette smoke. Hotel staff placed fans in the hallway to counteract the odor. Staff was very kind and helpful. The only issue I had was that I reserved a King Suite, but was just given a regular room. I asked a gentleman at the front desk if my room was a suite. I told him that suites are usually two rooms. He told me that "down here" the regular one room hotel room is what we call a suite. I feel a little cheated because I feel like that comment was an insult to my intelligence. I told the gentleman that suites are to rooms. I was charged for a suite, but was just given an ordinary room. A nice hotel, but they really need help with how they are marketing their rooms online. If a guest reserves and is charged for a suite then that should be given. If a suite is not available then their billed should be changed and also reflect that change.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank RJ8600
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were able to do a one night getaway this past Memorial Day weekend. Tripadvisor was right on spot, again! This hotel only has 44 rooms, so the place is still quiet. Our rooms were all sparkling clean, comfortable and afforded us a perfect nights rest. Our rooms had 2 queen beds. The bathtub and toilet were separate from the sink area, which I like so I can continue getting ready while others are showering. My husband and I both enjoyed the shower head, which was updated and had great pressure. The room was equipped with a small microwave oven, mini fridge and extra blankets in the dresser drawers. The air conditioner worked well too.

We LOVED the giagantic water slide that is apparently fairly new. The owners told us they have another slide coming in that will be even larger! We loved the fact there was an indoor and outdoor pool area. The pools are not large, but with only 44 rooms, you truly don't need anything huge. There were also two of the round type hot tubs located in the indoor pool area, at opposing corners of the pool. They have recently impletmented a 9 hole mini golf course (very simple, but free and fun) to their grounds. We saw several kids enjoying family time playing. Where else can you get indoor pools, outdoor pools, hot tubs, giant water slides, free internet, and mini golf for such a great value?

The breakfast area was well thought out. From the capuccino machine (yes.. it was so yummy), to the coffee, hot chocolate, teas, four juices (apple, orange, grape and peach). There was cereal (4 types to choose from), fresh biscuits, sausage gravy, a personal pancake maker, eggs, sausage... they even had egg whites only. I believe I even saw hard boiled eggs. There were so many selections, I have lost track. It was all very good. Also, if you want to walk to any fast food places, Wendy's and Taco Bell are next door and a safe walk to visit them.

If you are looking for something centrally located this is your spot. Clean, safe and comfortable at a reasonable price. The hotel is conveniently tucked back off the busy roadway where privacy is perfect, and zero street noise. Tell Ricky and Mary Jo (the owners) the three couples from Kansas City had a fabulous time! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank spdblondie
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

This place is great. The room was comfortable and clean and quite. Good beds, lots of pillows, and even extra blankets in the dresser. And its always nice to have a mini fridge and microwave.
The breakfast was free and fresh and had lots of options. A good start to your day. I don't drink coffee, but my sister said they actually have good coffee, unlike most hotels.
The pools were sparkling clean and the pool areas were perfect for relaxing with lots of seating.They have an indooor and an outdoor pool. They also have 2 hot tubs and a separate water slide, which was so much fun. They recently added mini golf, but unfortunately we didn't get a chance to play.
The location was perfect for us. Just a few miles from Bagnell Dam Strip and the Osage Beach Outlet Mall. There really isn't anything within walking distance, but tons of stuff just minutes away.
Not too sure how convenient it is if you are trying to go to the lake because we didn't go, but we could see it from all the roads. We also took a 25 minute drive to Ha Ha Tonka Park and loved it! One of the guys that worked at the hotel told us about it and it was amazing. They have lots of trails and a spring and "castle" ruins. I highly reccomend it.
Most importantly, the staff at this hotel is absolutely wonderful. They were all so friendly and helpful and you can really tell they take pride in their hotel. It has got to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The place is spotless and smells great. We will most definitely be coming back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Beebopabby
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Guesthouse inn is very clean and comfortable. Staff is top notch, it smells great everywhere you go in the hotel, mattresses are very comfortable, free breakfast is the best I've had at a hotel, furnishings are modern, pool and hottubS (yes two of them) area is nice. All for less than most other hotels! I go to osage beach a couple times a year for business and for my wife to shop at outlet stores. We will stay here again. Thanks guesthouse

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 15 in Osage Beach
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to LakeHouse Hotel? Share your experiences!